Out There...







Man, I was really far out there. ( 14.6 miles from the boat dock on the GPS) Way out where the wild things live....

It makes me smile.

I smell like sun, life, and risk right now...

All of these shots were taken solo in my boat. ( Maxxum 7D, and Minolta Glass ) I didn't even see the fish in the hawk's talons until I got back home..

Pretty cool, huh?

Comments

L.P. said…
Damn. That's gorgeous. Killer shot of the dead fish too. Minolta? You heathen!
Nikon baby, it's the only way to go.
Windrider said…
I know, i know...

I've ALWAYS been a Nikon shooter..

But this little 7d has been pretty good to me so far.

I love the fact that any auto focus minolta glass will work with it. The anti-shake is in the camera body, not the lens.

Thats pure gold in and of itself..
L.P. said…
hmmm - that is pretty damn cool.
I have a D70 I like alot. Okay - it's not exactly mine, the company I work for paid for it, but possession is nine tenths of the law.

Okay, one passionate photographer to another - isn't digital just about the fucking coolest thing since electricity was invented?
I have a 35mm Minolta that I haven't dusted off in ages.
Windrider said…
It's flipping Cosmic, my love..


I remember walking out of dark rooms smelling like developer, and fixer solution.. I'd taste it for days after I was in the lab when biting my nails..

I actually makes me sad...
L.P. said…
Yeah, but who could afford the equipment and chemicals for a private darkroom? And then the paper cost - jezzus - that shit cost a fortune and you never knew howmany prints you'd have to redo to get it just fucking perfect.
Heh. I'd forgotten about the smell.
Also about waiting and waiting and waiting for my turn to get in the dang darkroom. I do miss handtinting photos though - you can't get exactly the same effect in photoshop.
Mama Llama said…
Windrider, the photos make it appear that you have had a very peaceful day. I am very happy for you. I hope it was good for you.

Be well...
Windrider said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts