MITAKUYE OYASIN - keep listening..

This makes me sad.. But It also makes me hope.. And hope makes things possible..

Windrider

Comments

Mama Llama said…
I will tell you a secret:

I swore I would never have children.

Why? Well, I rationalized, how could I be so selfish so as to contribute in my way to an already overpopulated Earth that is continuously depleting its resources, abusing of the land and changing into a global society that practices intolerance?

One peace I had to make with my very strong convictions when pregnant with my daughter was that this is all perhaps so...

but who will be able to change that in the future?

Perhaps I can be the kind of mother who can teach by example, who can teach her children and other parents around her about how I think and perhaps, just maybe, change trajectories in minute ways.

Perhaps I may be the one who has the two children who, as a result of their upbringing, might end up solving some of these problems either on a grand scale or in Their Own Little Ways.

And that brought me peace...and yes, hope.

Your posts were thought-provoking today. I have spent a lot of time just letting them gel...and they have given me great insight into who you are and your values, and certain values that I, too, share.

I appreciate them very much, and I appreciate you.

Be well, Windrider.
L.P. said…
;)
Windrider said…
My princesa,

Thank you for your kind words. They are like tonic to the soul.

It sounds like you have become more calm in the last few days. This is good to see. I see a wonderful life in front of you. A rich one, full of love, friendship, and growth...

((Lakota))
L.P. said…
you ROCK.
just thought you should know that.
Did you have a good day?
I did nothing.
It was great.
Windrider said…
(in best Elvis voice)

Why, Thank Ya!

Thank ya very much!!

My day was alright. I was the human equivalent of a pet rock all day. I did nothing as well...
L.P. said…
LOL! We were both as wise as the rocks then.
I spent sometime looking thru youtube music videos.
Found one to post later in the week - a 90s one hit wonder that I adored - terribly romantic by Milla. Gorgeous video too.