I've seen more cheer in a graveyard..
Being the diligent and conscientious soul that I am (yeah, right.. ) I decided to come in early to work this morning.
Well actually it's because I couldn't sleep very well. But, I never really do when I have a quick turnaround. I guess I'm always worried that I'll sleep through my alarm clock going off.
So I showed up at around 0515, much to the delight of the teammate I was relieving. He was wondering why I was there so early. I basically told him that I would rather just come in and get it over with, rather than sit around watching the clock waiting for it to be time to go to work.
I'm not sure if he really understood what I was saying, but he was appreciative of the relief so early. Most people I work with walk in with only a few moments to spare, and some of them will undoubtedly be late to their own funeral. ( which is a huge pet peeve of mine )
The other two people I will be working with today toddled in, made coffee, and sat around for an hour chatting. I really didn't mind, I prefer just keep to myself this morning as I'm working with the girl who was trying to set me up on new years eve. She, of course is giving me the silent treatment.. This is a blessing...
Looking back on it, what I did was a really crappy thing to do.. But, a crappy thing was going to be done unto me without even a second thought. That's where my hackles got up. I find it funny that someone who was so blatantly going to screw me over actually has the nerve to be mad at me for cutting her off at the pass.
This is truly one individual who can dish it out , but not take it.. Well, she can get over it. My sense of humor is all dried up.. I've tolerated a ton of selfish, infantile, self centered behavior from this individual specifically over the past couple of years. Each time, I've taken the high road, let is just slide off my back, and been the bigger person. No More... I've had it up to my eyeballs with it.
Which is why I did what I did. I was making a very big point to this woman that she's used up all her "Green Stamps" with me as a coworker. I think she got the message, as now the three of us are sitting in our office are without so much as a word being said. Other than the hum of electronics, it's a quiet as a library in here. And you know what? I don''t care..
I guess it runs deeper than just the attempted screwing me over, in fact my attitude has only a small part to do with this specific person. I'm just sick to death of people trying to take advantage of me.
I'm the first one to admit that I am in no way a perfect person. I have many, many flaws in my character as well. I drink to excess at times, I'm currently on a 6 month lazy streak, I have developed a mouth like a sailor, etc. But, underneath it all I'm a nice guy. If you need it, I'll give you the shirt off my back.
I can't stand petty animosity, selfishness, and people throwing little tantrums when that don't get their way. We are all equal, like it or not.. No one deserves preferential, or special treatment. If you think you do deserve to be put on a level higher than everyone else, you need to either get over it or find another job.
Man, my kingdom to work with people who are actually happy to be here. Not a bunch of grumpy, childish, self entitled, douchebags with no sense of professionalism that only want to make the workplace full of tension and anger...
But anyhow, I'm just watching the clock waiting for quitting time.
Looks like It'll be martini's for dinner tonight.
Well actually it's because I couldn't sleep very well. But, I never really do when I have a quick turnaround. I guess I'm always worried that I'll sleep through my alarm clock going off.
So I showed up at around 0515, much to the delight of the teammate I was relieving. He was wondering why I was there so early. I basically told him that I would rather just come in and get it over with, rather than sit around watching the clock waiting for it to be time to go to work.
I'm not sure if he really understood what I was saying, but he was appreciative of the relief so early. Most people I work with walk in with only a few moments to spare, and some of them will undoubtedly be late to their own funeral. ( which is a huge pet peeve of mine )
The other two people I will be working with today toddled in, made coffee, and sat around for an hour chatting. I really didn't mind, I prefer just keep to myself this morning as I'm working with the girl who was trying to set me up on new years eve. She, of course is giving me the silent treatment.. This is a blessing...
Looking back on it, what I did was a really crappy thing to do.. But, a crappy thing was going to be done unto me without even a second thought. That's where my hackles got up. I find it funny that someone who was so blatantly going to screw me over actually has the nerve to be mad at me for cutting her off at the pass.
This is truly one individual who can dish it out , but not take it.. Well, she can get over it. My sense of humor is all dried up.. I've tolerated a ton of selfish, infantile, self centered behavior from this individual specifically over the past couple of years. Each time, I've taken the high road, let is just slide off my back, and been the bigger person. No More... I've had it up to my eyeballs with it.
Which is why I did what I did. I was making a very big point to this woman that she's used up all her "Green Stamps" with me as a coworker. I think she got the message, as now the three of us are sitting in our office are without so much as a word being said. Other than the hum of electronics, it's a quiet as a library in here. And you know what? I don''t care..
I guess it runs deeper than just the attempted screwing me over, in fact my attitude has only a small part to do with this specific person. I'm just sick to death of people trying to take advantage of me.
I'm the first one to admit that I am in no way a perfect person. I have many, many flaws in my character as well. I drink to excess at times, I'm currently on a 6 month lazy streak, I have developed a mouth like a sailor, etc. But, underneath it all I'm a nice guy. If you need it, I'll give you the shirt off my back.
I can't stand petty animosity, selfishness, and people throwing little tantrums when that don't get their way. We are all equal, like it or not.. No one deserves preferential, or special treatment. If you think you do deserve to be put on a level higher than everyone else, you need to either get over it or find another job.
Man, my kingdom to work with people who are actually happy to be here. Not a bunch of grumpy, childish, self entitled, douchebags with no sense of professionalism that only want to make the workplace full of tension and anger...
But anyhow, I'm just watching the clock waiting for quitting time.
Looks like It'll be martini's for dinner tonight.
Comments
Most of us are raised to back down, think of others and proceed with caution. It's not a bad thing to be self aware enough to consider all aspects and consequences regarding interaction with others, but sometimes we can be the tree that bends so often it snaps.
Fuck them. No, really - fuck them! What they think of you, how they treat you is of no consequence whatsofucking ever. All this will be behind you. You will leave these people and move on. Their games and politicking and bullshit is just that. Close your eyes to it, and know that there are people out there who appreciate the value of you being you.
I can still take the bitch out if you want. It would really be my pleasure.
I'm really racking it up in the "hating on me" department.
So uh, maybe my advice isn't the best to follow.
Off to sulk and stomp around and kick things.
I used to have a bad temper. I had to force myself to not be such of a type a personality, and adpot a kinder, gentler nature before I strangled someone.
But, it doesn't take a whole heck of a lot to get me rolling, if you poke me with a sharp stick thru the bars on my cage.
Hmm, tempting offer...
Kicked off a website? What happened?
I did post a comment on my blog making sure everyone knows that Lakota is pretend, the flirting is in fun. My email response to the one I received was a touch more scathing than my post comment. ~grin~
Temper? Yeah, I know all about that and have also learned to bite my tongue in half 99% of the time before saying anything I might later regret.
You do your job, you have absolutely no responsibility to others and you are given sick days, even when used for sanity, for a reason. There is something to a 0-vacation day balance at the end of the year. That means you took time for you.
I would be sooo happy to join Lakota in taking that woman down. Between the two of us and our combined energies, we could do quite a job on her...
and yes, you may watch :)
Be well, Windrider...
Hell, I plan on taking on my alter ego of Captain Jack Sparrow!
It was a hell of a day!!!
I'm glad it's over..
and he would say, "AAAARGH, MATEY!"
Cap'n, huh?
hmmmmmm......
Sigh. Here's hoping both of our new years start getting better as soon as possible!
I'm nothing but business from 9 to 5 these days. It seems like anything else just makes it worse.
I tried, and tried, and tried, to be a nice guy to these people but they just never were receptive to it. So now they can deal with the Grizzly Bear side of me.
You crack me up, querido!
Bravo!
I'm going to dinner with friends, but will try to writeup a response when I get back tonight. It's the damn photos that are kicking my ass! Takes me forever to do them.
Big virtual hug - great big virtual hug!
Hope to chat with you later Wabli.
It's a fun thing to do, and makes me laugh as well!