Nightmares..

I haven't had any in a long time.

Until tonight...

I have no idea why I did, but I just had to get out of bed.

I woke up with my heart beating rapidly, unable to shake the sights and sounds out of my head.

It was nothing from a horror film, or super scary. And It wasn't one I've had before.

In my dream it was a house in a rural setting. There was a father and his son, and a corrupt county sheriff of some sort. The father was arguing with the sheriff about something that the law man was blackmailing him with that could cause him to lose his son.

The two men began to physically struggle with each other. The sheriff uses a walking cane that was made of brown wood with a small glass orb at the end of it. Their struggle causes them to end up behind a shower curtain and go out of sight where only shadows can be seen on the wall. you can still hear them fighting.

The father has the cane in his hands and the sheriff has disappeared. Furious, he takes the cane out into the garage of the house to a workbench area. there is a huge old blue vice on the work bench. He bends the cane in half and places the cane in between the jaws of the vice and tightens them down. He reaches for a saw to cut the cane in half.

Just then, I hear a sobbing cry pleading for the father not to do it coming from the cane. it was like a person pleading for their life, and knew it was about to be ended and they couldn't stop it from happening. It was so realistic and clear it terrified me.

I look down in the dream and realize I have become the the one holding the saw..

Then I woke up.. Absolutely freaked out for a few seconds, and realized that there would be no more sleep for me tonight.


Fucking Hell! What was that all about?!

It's times like this when I hate to sleep alone. A set of arms to hold me right then would have been a godsend.

Guess I'll just surf the net for a while...

I sure as hell won't be sleeping.

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Good morning, Windrider:

Wow.

Thank you for writing that down. It indeed sounds terrifying. I suppose I can open my "dream resource book" I was given so long ago...I am blessed/cursed with very vivid dreams and a very vivid memory of them.

But without cracking the book, if I may venture a guess...

stress at work?

Sounds like you have all the players in place and you have a lot of deep-seeded emotion there. Your "crutch" right now is your work. It's also the only thing holding you back from getting back home, that is really frustrating you.

I sure hope you were able to get some sleep last night.

Be well, Windrider...
L.P. said…
I'm a big dreamer - lots of them and very realistic ones that scare the shit out of me upon awakening. I had one like that earlier this week - I woke up gasping and shaking. I ended up calling the old boyfriend whom the terrible dream was about.

Have yourself a good day. I'm crazy at work myself today but will get next segment in story up later today/early evening at latest.
Windrider said…
Good morning ladies,

I think that you are probably spot on Mapiprincessa.. I remember that right before the nightmare started "playing" I had been dreaming about the place I'm trying to get hired at..

I'ts impossible NOT to think about it all the time. So, yeah it probably invaded my dreams now.

No go on the sleep. I just stayed up on the net and watching tv..

Man Lakota , that would absolutely freak me out! I hate bad dreams, and I sleep bad enough as it is due to my schedule at work and all the crazy hours I have to work.
L.P. said…
In my case it's a brain that never (rarely) shuts down. ~grin~
Have yourself a good one today.

On the bright side - for you - you're not here in HELL, where it's 17 degrees!!!!!
Mama Llama said…
Yeah...17 degrees here, too, with a killer windchill, Lakota. Freezing my ass off.

Oh, Windrider...how many nights I have spent over the past years just like that...countless, and not because of babies, my children slept through the night from 2 weeks old. All because, as Lakota put it, my brain won't shut down...add in my own unhappiness with Life and a perfect recipe for insomnia and nightmares ensues.

Be well...
L.P. said…
:P
said…
Were you watching "The Dukes Of Hazzard?"

Stay on groovin' safari,
Tor
L.P. said…
:(
Anonymous said…
OMG, the Dukes?

I just remember always thinking, how CAN Daisy hold those things up.

And that's nothing compared to what we see now with the boob jobs out there.

Ok..how on earth did we get from nightmares about talking walking sticks pleading for their lives to boob jobs? Long day...
Anonymous said…
oh, and don't you just love my alter-ego work on your comments? HA HA HA
L.P. said…
is it stoopid that i kinda sorta missed you today?
hope you had a good one.
no bad dreams tonight. not allowed.
Windrider said…
Sun Goddess - Mmmmm, Daisy Duke.... ( and I do mean Ms. Bach and NOT Ms. Simpson)

and yes the alter ego comments are fun!

Lakota - Thats sweet of you to say that! No sleep till Brooklyn for me love.. I won't see any shuteye until aroung 9 or 10 this morning..

Popular Posts