Laying it down...

The last few days or so brought things to a head with me emotionally...

All the worry, anticipation and stress over my current situation just boiled over, like a pot on the stove. It came out of every pore in my body. My heart ached, my skin felt like it was on fire, and my head throbbed from the volume of a million "what if's" racing through it.

I sat and was absolutely blanketed with despair. Tears fell from my eyes.

I just melted down....

I slept for a few hours and then came back out to computer. I was utterly spent.

And then I just decided to lay it all down. I have no control over the job situation what so ever.. If they call, they call.. If they don't, well there's absolutely nothing I can do about that. But letting it affect me like it has been IS within my control. I can do something about that.

Sitting around in my dark apartment, drinking like a fish, and wallowing in worry and heartache is really pretty pointless. I can control that as well.

I just threw it down and walked away from it. How, I have no idea. But it was like I had cut an invisible rope that had been tied to me. I guess I just hit my threshold with it.

I sat and read an e mail that a dear friend had sent me expressing concern, and I thought:

"What the Fuck am I doing putting myself through this for?"

"This is absolutely pointless... Enough of this shit!! It stops NOW Goddamn it!!"

Granted I'm not all butterflies and lolly pops inside. Far from it in fact. But I'm done dwelling on it, and lamenting each passing day waiting for my phone to ring.

Life goes on...

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Hi, there...

Yeah, it does. Sometimes I wish it would slow down a little so I could hitch a ride. Other times, I wish it would go on faster than it does so I can have a convenient excuse as to why I have not, in fact, got it all together and jumped on the ride.

Although we all need the alone moments to figure it out, you aren't. I hope you know that...in so many ways. If I lived next door to you, yesterday you most certainly would not have been...

Sorry it's only a virtual hand. But it's a hand. I really feel for all you have been through---

but Good For You. You are strong, you are good, and you WILL come out on top. And when you ever need that pep talk, in a much softer tone than Drill Sargeant whats-his-name, you know where to come.

And I know you would do the same for me. For that, I thank you--over and over.

Looking forward to drinks. We should plan a time that I can get away--or vice versa, although it's nicer where you are, and closer for Kota, too.

You rock. Remember that, and say that three times (at least) a day while you look at yourself in the mirror. JA! I've never put much into that BS myself. But you do. Trust me...I trust you.

Be well, Windrider. Peace.
Windrider said…
Hi Mapi,

I'm fine.

I just needed to pull my head out of my ass and stop moping about it. And when I realized how I had let it affect my life I was angry, and sad about it.

Yes, the dream of my heart is to get back home to San Antonio to take care of my parents, and start a new life. But, the hope of getting the job back there made me lose sight that I have a life here. (even though it's not the one I want..)

I can't affect the overall outcome of the situation, but i sure as hell can keep it from making me some reclusive sad sack.

I think the trip out on the water last week made me realize that. I've sat on the sidelines waiting? And for what?

Nothing...

I just realized that it's time to get back into the game. Go fishing, take more pictures, participate rather than observe..

I just had to hit bottom and bounce.. And that's what I did yesterday. It was not pleasant at all, but it knocked some sense into me.
Mama Llama said…
San Antonio, eh? What an absolutely beautiful city. No wonder you want to get back.

Life is where we lay down our hats, take off our coats and decide to sleep that night. It is the present. You are so right, that you can't live only waiting for the future to happen so much that you let the present pass by. I am caught in that trap myself.

Be well...
L.P. said…
I hate the bounce. It leaves bruises on the ass.

Is yours bruised?
Bend over and I'll kiss it better.
~bear hugs~
Mama Llama said…
-giggle-
Mama Llama said…
Good morning Windrider:

Hope you are doing better today.

Be well...
L.P. said…
:P
Windrider said…
Hello Ladies,

I'm doing alright.. Just at work and dealing with some personality issues..

Gotta love it..
L.P. said…
My offer to take 'em out still stands.
Where's my good morning kiss? Pouting...
Windrider said…
Awww... I'm sorry..

(big smooch for you)
L.P. said…
~big smile~
All better now.

Popular Posts