Just Rambling..

You know, human beings are pack animals when you really think about it..

We do the quirkiest, oddest, and meanest things of any species on the planet. I mean, just sit and think about it for a few minutes. Or even better yet, just go out and watch some humans out in the world interacting with each other. When I do, It cracks me up most of the time. Sometimes, it can also piss you off. But, it always makes me think, no matter how it makes me feel.

There's not a doubt in my mind that we have indeed evolved over time. We weren't just magically put here all the sudden. That's nonsense. Archaeological evidence of our evolution from "Lucy" in the dark continent and the first bipedal hominids all the way up to modern man exists in overwhelming amounts to overthrow the mystical argument of "the magic wand was waved" and we just appeared"..

I mean, come on...

Scratch the surface just a little, or rattle our cages and look what we do. We savage each other.. No matter what, when another ape looks at us and shows it's teeth, we turn into howling, shrieking, baboons and fight to kill. Often times doing unspeakable acts to one another.

We can't be trusted for the most part. Eventually, we as a species will always screw it up. Just look at the state of the planet we live on.

The majority of this world couldn't care less about the others living on it at all.. And this goes for almost every single society on the earth. People starve for lack of food, and the most basic of human necessities each and every day across the world. And yet, we turn a blind eye to it until it suits our purpose to actually acknowledge it. Isn't it ironic that we hear so much about suffering during election years, or "fund raising" drives? And yet once the politicians are elected, and enough lucre has been collected, the issues aren't mentioned again, and a blanket of amnesia sweeps over us..

But the tragedies keep happening..

We are the only species with the capacity for critical thinking, yet we keep repeating the same mistakes over, and over again. So in a sense, we really don't learn anything. We simply have developed the ability to regurgitate information memorized in classrooms. This is pointless folly.... Knowledge that is not applied, but only retained is worthless.. Utterly worthless..

I look around me at the world I live in and see how our individual actions can affect our global outcome. The utilizing of better technology to save resources, like compact fluorescent bulbs, limiting how much you drive, and taking a cloth bag to the store rather than using plastic, or paper.

These are typically thought of as "green" ideas. I strongly disagree... These are practical solutions to global problems..

The "green movement" is nothing more than yet another money making scam being pounded into the brains of the American consumer to put money in the pockets of big industry, period. It is an illusion..

How?

Take hybrid cars for example.. The average "hybrid" car gets only marginally better gas mileage than a regular vehicle. Look at the stickers, don't believe the bullshit. Most "green" things are nothing but a farce designed by marketing psychologists to make the consumer still spend all of his/her disposable income on high dollar items and get the "mental valium" feeling that they're doing something to "save the planet".. It's a lie..

The Honda Insight is a notable exception, but you don't see many of them. Why is that? A car that can get up to 90 miles per gallon of gas is exactly what we need. Why do you think you don't see many of them? Big money doesn't want them here in any quantity, that's why. Hell Mobil, Valero, Exxon, and all the other "Gas Pimps" would start losing money.. As would Bush's family who are heavily involved in the oil business.

The two best and entirely free forms of energy are hardly ever spoken about in this country. Solar power, and Wind energy...

Why?

You can't tax sunlight, or wind... YET....

But believe me, the moment that the federal, and local governments find a way to tax sunlight and air, that's exactly, precisely what they'll do. Then you will see solar being touted as the next best thing to the Resurrection... Because then and only then, will it put money in the government pocket..

Right now, you can completely retrofit a home to run on almost 100% solar power for around 25,000 dollars. That's cheap folks.. For less than the cost of a "Hybrid" car, you could completely keep your money in your own pockets and out of the petroleum industries wallet, and live independently "off the grid". In fact, you can actually make money selling the power company energy that you don't use. But we don't hear about that. Because there's no profit margin in it. And it absolutely would help in turning this planet around.

Besides the "green issue" we are simply addicts. We eat too much, we buy too much, we watch too much television. We spend money we don't have. We borrow too much.

We are never satisfied with what we currently have. Not our bodies, our clothes, our homes, anything... The whole housing market collapse is a prime example of what our greed is doing to us as a whole. Greedy bankers, and greedy consumers all bent of getting the maximum gain with the most minimal of effort. And look what happened. And now we all are expected to pay taxes to help bail out the fools and the crooks..

Our mentality is askew..

Most people allow how they dress, look, and feel about themselves to be determined by no more than 200 people who happen to pretend to be other people to make a living.. (Read, actors , actresses, and models ) We seek to emulate what we believe to be the Alpha Apes, not even paying attention to how utterly screwed up these people really are..

I digress.

I guess the point to all of this ramble is to just say:

Look around you, look at what you see in the mirror. Think about it, study it, learn from it.

We all need to start thinking for ourselves in a much more realistic manner. I believe we can evolve much further than we are right now..

But it starts with each of us thinking not about ourselves, but FOR ourselves..

Comments

Mama Llama said…
1. I prefer to think of Blogger, if it's going to eat me, as a He.

1.5. a-hem.

2. He ate me cuz I rambled, too. No harm no foul. Plus, there was nothing on your site but a title and a blank, so I just thought you said you were rambling. So I rambled on a bit as well.

3. Sorry about all the rambling. I'll read it closer after the monitos are in bed.
Windrider said…
(in best latin accent)

But of course!

Unless it is in las vegas, where things can happen that you did not quite expect, Bonita..

Guacamole, AY! The sure way to mi corazon. This, and mucho tequila con limon..

Jesus, I'm such a gringo!! HaHaHa!!!
Mama Llama said…
Watch out, Windrider...

my favorite way to take tequila is via body shot.

ay de mí. In Vegas, even better.
On the beach, better yet...

So my initial comment must have gone through? Or you are soooo peeping into my windows and I just have no clue.
Windrider said…
Oy! body shots...

I'll save that story for later.. Whew. What a night that was!

La Playa! no tequila on la playa..

only rum.. Boat drinks! Or cerveza. (yuk)

Umm, you comment showed up in my gmail, but when I went to look for it on my blog it wasn't there..

umm, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Mama Llama said…
JAJA.

We have totally strayed off topic of your ramble. You are funny.

I drank waaaaay too much rum in my early 20s and have never really gone back to that boat... ugh.

Cerveza ain't my thing either. I am a margarita girl.

Now to read your blog...ja!
Windrider said…
I'm headed off to the land of nod..

Nite..
Mama Llama said…
1. Your point on our most basic animalistic ways is very true. As a mother, I have seen the most basic instincts from the moment of birth, the basic survival instinct--it blew me away to watch this occur with my children. Even in pregnancies to witness how my senses became extremely heightened, as a defense of my unborn. It was fascinating to accept it, and almost study it while happening to me, as a mere evolutionary trait.

2. Don't even get me started on how we don't take care of each other.

3. I have always joked about being green but, in reality it's just the strong convictions I have about doing things. Like my huge collection of cloth grocery bags. Hell, in most countries I've been to, you're charged extra for using their bags. Yes, I did cloth diapers with my children. Yes, I don't allow battery-operated toys. I have changed other people's ways through example--their husbands grumble 'cuz I'm too green, but Oh Well. I have my own mug I bring to Buckies if I go have coffee or tea there. It is so simple--why do we make it so hard? Why do we have to tipefy everything, categorize everything when, as you state, it is mere common sense. You don't have to be a granola-munching, barefooted lesbian who doesn't shave her legs to act in favor of the Earth.

4. Alternative energy, along with feeding ourselves healthily, is so cost-prohibitive it has literally made me cry. I can't say much more about that, I get too depressed because I don't have the bucks to do anything about it.

5. I have long thought one of the greatest choices I ever made in my adult-formative years (university) was volunteer work with migrants in Oregon, living in squalid conditions that is so much better than what they came from; they would tolerate so much hate, filth, you name it just for a shot at a better life. And working in the slum in Guayaquil. I'll have to blog a bit about some of my Mapasingue experiences. That was one unique place. I have been blessed with empathy. Nobody around me seems to get that.

Dear Windrider, it has been real. Now get some sleep, I will try, and sweet dreams.
Mama Llama said…
Greetings, Windrider:
Hope you are well today.

I'm doing taxes....if that gives you any indication of how I am doing.

(pull hair out)

smiles. Be well.
L.P. said…
"a blanket of amnesia sweeps over us."

One of the roots of all these problems, yes?
We feel invulnerable and therefore detached; nothing bad can ever affect us - and news and tv have truly desensatized the population emotionally and intellectually.
So do we throw up our hands and give it up as a lost cause - sorry Mother Earth, so sad too bad?
Even though we fight against the tide, it's ourselves we must live with and that alone is worth the fight. If only more people saw that.
And I hear you on the hybrids. Someone told me recently that it would take 25 years to recomp the initial investment on one of those. Not sure if I believe that, but it's worth looking at the other angles.

ps - morning my dearheart! I have no clue if any of that made sense. ~tossing back more caffiene~