Billy Falcon - Power Windows

This is a video I saw for the first time in 1989. Its always carried a special truth to it that I knew even back then..

So, for Mapi, and Lakota, and everyone else out there in the thin air emotionally, like most of us seem to be right now, this is for you..

Listen up.....

Comments

L.P. said…
I hadn't heard him before.
Love this song. Buying it for my Ipod.
Windrider said…
nay,

go the my child to limewire, and get it for free..

the album is called "pretty blue world".. And it came out when we were all three young, nubile, and dumb..

God, what I wouldn't give to turn back the hands of time and do that era of my life over again....

Sigh....
L.P. said…
will check limewire out.Ironically I also posted song earlier this morning that reflects my feelings for the week. Plus I just love throaty female voices.

Turn back time... I don't know if I would. I'd be so afraid I'd make some of the same mistakes again and there are some I would really really REALLY rather never live through again.
Anonymous said…
Limewire is my best friend...

sigh.

First, to say Windrider, you were mah-velous. Dreamy. Wow. (ha! wink)

Second, to Lakota, you are one incredible woman and I find it amazing that I've encountered another with a double-life as well...just manifested so differently. My daughter saw the title bar of your blog and said, "Oh, she's so pretty!"...yeah. I didn't let her go farther. And no, we aren't blondes here, either. Ick. I have been referred to, by my gay friends, as "fawn"...but definitely NOT blonde.

Third... and going to get sappy here, so xcuse me for a minute, but I just have to say something...

I am not quite sure why and how it came to be that we just ran across each other's paths right at this juncture. I know that I really don't know how I would have made it through the past few days without knowing that somebody, even anonymous faces and names, could possibly even want to hear my story and feel my pain with me. I know I have a long long road to go because I do believe in love and commitment, and I am committed. But it really helps me to know I have a non-judgmental outlet where I can soltarlo todo and release and not worry about "small-town" suburban rumor mills (where things like this happen every day but everyone denies it and NOBODY will talk about it). Love you guys. Really. This is what It is all about. Laugh, cry, scream, feel, love your neighbor, do right to each other, have fun, and be there for the other when needed. That's all we can really do to make this existence work.

Okay. Must stop crying or must redo my eyeliner. Damn.

Hopefully more news later this afternoon.
Windrider said…
I guess I would like to do it If i could retain some of the wisdom I gathered thru the years..

But, that would take all the magic away from it. You would look at friends and colleagues as children if you posessed the hard earned knowledge that you do know..

But I would love to have that freedom, and that body, and that wide open mind that I had then.
L.P. said…
mmmmm - yeah, it would be nice to have the body again that didn't require gym maintnence. Grumble.
Never really appreciated what we had when we had it, did we?
I think I still have the wide open mind, which is actually a detriment in regard to sustaining serious relationships. Everyone projects behavioral expectations on you. When you reach a certain age, if you still behave with spontenaity (sp?) everyone tells you to "grow the fuck up."

I'm not sure if I want to find the middle ground or not.

Okay, so none of that probably made any sense since I'm tight-lipped about the real right now.

Mapi - i'm here for ya darling. Solidarity. Yo.
Windrider said…
Sun Goddess -

OY!! Jesus, I'm getting watery eyed.. But, that's OK..

I think that people come into each others lives for a reason. It isn't by chance, or circumstance in my humble opinion. It's because we all need something, and here we are..

Wonderfully strange, isn't it?

And each one of us needs the shelter that this type of communication provides. If we had met in real life, we would have likely just made small talk, if that and gone on our separate ways.

But here, we've connected, let our guards down, and looked not only at each other but also deeply into ourselves....
Windrider said…
I need to crash..

I'm going on 29 hrs without sleep..

Good night, till.. Umm, tonight..
L.P. said…
29 hours?
Sleep. NOW.
or i'll spank your ass for abuse of self.
I need you hale and hearty, mate.
Windrider said…
I love it when you talk nautical...

Sigh...
L.P. said…
feel free to imagine me snuggled up beside you, singing you to sleep as i stroke your ... hair... and lull you into the land of nod.
Windrider said…
Yeah, Like I'd sleep if you were doing that....

We'd wind up screeching like a backpack full of kittens being beat with a piece of old garden hose, and the drywall would have holes in it.
L.P. said…
ah, but you'd sleep after... I promise. Passing out from exhaustion counts as sleep, right?