MITAKUYE OYASIN .. Just listen..

I guess you find the right words at just the right time..

I couldn't put it any better than this.

Windrider

Comments

L.P. said…
Ahhh, Wabli-love - thank you for that reminder.
It is time I think for me to pull out my tattered copy of Black Elk Speaks, put some Nakai on the Ipod and burn some sage in my turtle shell.
Thank you for putting the echo of drums back in my ears today.
Mama Llama said…
Thank you, I say too.

I have some Nakai as well...it does put you in the mood for that.

Funny...oyashin in Japanese means "brother" or "brotherhood"... just a funny reminder of one of the Bering Strait theory...

I need to think on this today. It was good, but I can feel panic rising in my chest and that's not a good feeling. I'll write more later.
Windrider said…
I'm not the one to thank at all...


This is just the truth that has become so foreign to our ears and hearts..

No matter where we come from, this is what resonates in the hearts of all true human beings..
L.P. said…
This defines perfectly how I believe and have always believed.
I've become used to rolling eyes and uncomprehensive stares if I venture to talk about it.

Being lost in the world of square edges, sometimes you forget to press against the thrum of the earth drums and more importantly... that you are NOT alone.
You posting this - made me feel like not so much of an alien.
Iron Pugilist said…
Nice presentation, I've watched both videos. My only comment for this: no matter what I say or do, regardless of being right or wrong, the world isn't going to change.

Civilizations will always be built on the corpses of the innocent.

For every diplomat of any government, religion or culture, there will be three dozens of uncompromising zealots.

We will only begin to change when it is too late.

Such is the nature of Humans.

I can only watch and let it all fall, and hope I will survive... or die quickly. I'm not trying to discourage what you're sharing. I'm merely stating what I think is the fate of mankind.
L.P. said…
IP-baby, you are much too young to be so cynical.
I need to find that thread of hope with your name on it and wrap it around your finger....
Windrider said…
exactly..

It's what you think is the fate of mankind..

You're completly within your right to feel that.

I happen to feel diffently.

I think that it just might be possible to act before it's too late. Is it likely? probably not..

But possible?

Absolutely...

Peace
L.P. said…
You ever go to drumming circles Wabli?
Windrider said…
No, there were never any circles where I grew up..

I would have loved to have seen an authentic one, but never got the chance.
L.P. said…
We have Southern drum circles here (they suck because women aren't allowed to touch the main drum) as well as african/ spiritual drumming circles. I love them. Have my own drum stick I made but never get to use because of that no touchy the drum thing.
Northern drum is different.
African drumming you use hands, which is what i usually go to these days. Saving up to buy myself a handmade drum.

If you haven't listened to drumming music you should. You will love it I promise. It awakens your blood and spirit much like flute does, only with more power.
Of course that's coming from a drum 'ho.

Popular Posts