My thoughts on my life, my world, and the people and places that surround me.. Sometimes with vulgar and harsh language. ( so if this offends you, think twice before reading.. )
That was good. I miss stand-up. I'd kill to go downtown to a club, and I don't get Comedy Central.
So true. You are right. The ride of our lives, eh? I know when I ride the ferris wheel with the monitos, they are so disappointed when we have to stop near the bottom to let others on or off, and the thrill in their eyes when at the top and they can see their entire little world and beyond is unequalled.
I used to live for that vision of being able to see what is next, having the next step all planned neatly out for myself, what comfort it gave me! Now that I no longer feel owner of my own life I no longer have that vision. That has been a hard thing to surrender.
But at least I remember, each Spring when that Ferris Wheel comes back to town and I splurge on carnival tickets and the kids and I climb on--I refuse to spoil their ride!
Comments
That was good. I miss stand-up. I'd kill to go downtown to a club, and I don't get Comedy Central.
So true. You are right. The ride of our lives, eh? I know when I ride the ferris wheel with the monitos, they are so disappointed when we have to stop near the bottom to let others on or off, and the thrill in their eyes when at the top and they can see their entire little world and beyond is unequalled.
I used to live for that vision of being able to see what is next, having the next step all planned neatly out for myself, what comfort it gave me! Now that I no longer feel owner of my own life I no longer have that vision. That has been a hard thing to surrender.
But at least I remember, each Spring when that Ferris Wheel comes back to town and I splurge on carnival tickets and the kids and I climb on--I refuse to spoil their ride!
Thank you, Windrider. Be well.