Meanwhile,somewhere in South Florida..
2008 is of to a hell of a start!
The game's afoot..
Alright, let's play, shall we?!
My thoughts on my life, my world, and the people and places that surround me.. Sometimes with vulgar and harsh language. ( so if this offends you, think twice before reading.. )
Comments
...like I'm sleeping?
I'll be in Lima. I'm an Andean specialist and the pre-Incan and Incan cultures absolutely fascinate me, together with the radical racial, ethnic and cultural mix found in Perú; along with México Perú was the largest gateway for invasion in the Conquest, and has a huge afro-creole population as well. And, outside Sao Paulo, Lima has the largest concentration of Japanese living outside Japan...the US comes 3rd. Many of my disparate worlds collide there, as you can see.
...although the city itself, I really can't stand. It's a mere gateway to further exploration. No mountains this trip, not interested in the headaches and the soroche and I already did, obviously, the major tourist stuff eight years ago...hence my llama hanging out over Machu Picchu. I have read of some possible Shining Path movement again, however, so I'm not going to stray too far off the beaten path. They don't kidnap like the FARC does, they kill.
Time to eat something and drag myself to the gym. Gotta start this year out right!
And thanks for rocking in the new year with me... in style...
is posted. ~evil grin~
Ball in your court if you wish to take a swing at it.
Okay - funning aside - hope you had a great day. Working tomorrow or am I the only person who has to go in day after New Year's?