The Trip Home, the final part

We retired to my parents house after the party, and sat and talked for a few hours before turning in for the night. I was the last person to head to bed. I sat up in the den, just replaying the events of the evening.



Eventually I went to bed.. The next morning I rose around 8:30 or so, and wandered out into the house. Everyone had already been up for a while, and were sitting sipping coffee, and reading the paper. Breakfast was started, and was an almost identical on as the day before with the only exception being the addition of sausage patties, Oy... Needless to say, I ate rather light. Sheesh, the meal should have been sponsored by Lipitor..



My brother and sister in law had to head back home ( which is about 2 hours away ) so they busied themselves packing up.



They were so thorough in their packing that they packed up almost all of the leftovers from the party that I paid for half of... Without even asking me... Go Figure. Of course, because I didn't want to cause a scene with my parents, I held my tongue. I did however mention to my father that I would never co-host ANY event with those two ever again..



Anyways, the following day I drove out to the company I had applied to earlier and spent about 2 hours just touring the facility, and meeting all the people. I have to admit that I really liked it. The people I would be working with were really friendly, and the place was 20 minutes from my parents house.



There is still a hiring freeze within the company though.. And there is no real guarantee that they'll be able to hire me any time soon. But the guy I've been dealing with did ask how quickly I could be there if things changed. I told him 2 weeks, which would be SUPER fast. But who gives a shit? So I only give a few days notice, who cares... My bosses boss told me that if I had to leave on a moments notice, it was no problem.



So, I'm waiting on a phone call. (Please God, let them call!!)



The next day I went to another place I was looking into applying at.. That was a waste of time. I was white, they were Hispanic, and it was very evident from the manager's tone that since my last name didn't end in a vowel, or a z there was no chance of me working there. I wasn't that disappointed in the outcome of the meeting due to the fact that the place was WAY out in the bad side of town. I would have hated working there with the commute.

The rest of the time was spent just spending time with the folks, talking, and catching up on old times. I realized how much I missed being around them. My heart was sort of hurting knowing that the following day I would once again board a plane and fly back to this miserable fucking dungeon of a job, and my lonely little apartment... I would slip back into the realm of being a voice on the end of telephone line, an e-mail, etc..

I know, poor me..

The flight back went quickly, and as I drove to the cashier pulling out of long term parking to pay my 90.00 dollars for the little jeeps 5 day stay it was hard to not tear up thinking about all that had transpired. It was an event that many never get to witness and experience.

50 years....

I swear....

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Hello, Windrider:

I am impressed. With both this and your send-off to your friend's blog below.

I hope things turn out the way they are all supposed to for you. Sounds like you are ready for it. I'll stay tuned.

Be well
Windrider said…
Hello Princess,

Thank you for the compliment.

Curtis is a wonderful man, and someday I hope we can raise a glass together face to face , and contemplate the great game of life. I really have been touched by his writings. He's a good friend...

With my visit home, I realized that it wasn't about me at all. It was about love, being happy, and treating every moment as a treasure.

Sadly, a few years ago I wouldn't have seen it that way.. But thank goodness for a grain of maturity taking hold.

Thank you fot the kind wishes, it really means a lot. I'm just sitting here with my fingers crossed and praying that it comes to pass.

Windrider
Mama Llama said…
Good evening, Windrider:

True on the being happy part. Life is way too short to be unhappy. But alas, all is much easier in theory, ¿no? As someone once told me back in college, love and happiness do not pay da bills. So where must we sacrifice? And why?

I checked in on Curtis' site and was, as you said, impressed with the eloquent illustration of Life that he presents. Too bad I stumbled upon you two so late.

I believe you're faaaaar south of me, and we're getting ready for a big mother of what will probably turn out to be an ice storm to hit this weekend. Enjoy your warmth..I am counting down, just 27 more days until summer...!!!

Be well.