Christmas Wishes



I just wanted to post a little something for each and every one of you who bother to stop by my little filthy corner of the internet for a giggle, or a sigh.. I wish all you you the true desires of your hearts, whatever they may be. May this next year be one full of promise, prosperity, and peace.

This place has been a place for me to post my hopes, fears, thoughts, heartaches, and ever so rarely, victories. I've said things here that I would never say to most people in my life unless I was really drunk. Most of the time this outlet has been constructive. Sometimes destructive. Sometimes irrational. Sometimes sad. But it has grown to be a home to me, a place I can speak my mind.

I've neglected it at times. Often I've left it sitting for weeks or months at a time with no new postings. But, this isn't like a stand up comedy routine. Its me, unscripted for the most part. I try to lay myself bare when I am able too, while still maintaining my anonymity. That gets hard sometimes when trying to tell my stories, and happenings in my life. Who knows, maybe someday I can take off the mask and really let it all hang out. You know, post a photo of myself or say what I do for a living, etc.

But for right now, I just can't do that... But it's all good as they say.

I guess what I was getting at with this post now is than I just wanted to say Thank You to all of you who come here, no matter how infrequently or frequently. And to those I've met along the way. Those that have come and gone with time, and new friends alike. This place has been an anchor in the midst of storms in my life, some pretty big ones .. All of you mean the world to me. Like an extended family of sorts that people who don't blog could never understand..

My own Christmas eve, and Day were work.. Nothing more. No holiday dinner, no gifts, no tree, nada.. But, It made me see a lot of things I had been blind to. The holiday itself is simply another day, period. It is an overblown commercial nightmare that has been twisted by our society to be the biggest waste of money on the planet.

I realized something. It's what's in your heart that is the gift, and the true meaning. And it has nothing to do with your belief in any god or diety. It is all about the ability to drop the "shields and swords" and extend a hand of friendship,or love to your fellow man, even if just for a few hours or even minutes. It could be the simple act of saying something kind to a stranger, or "thank you" .. It is the human connection of commonality that to me seems the message.

Black, White, Gay, Straight,Rich, Poor, High school dropout or PhD... whatever..... It doesn't matter one iota..

We are all the same... And we are ALL equal...

Yes, I'm getting sentimental. And your point is?! I just wanted to share what's in my heart tonight. SO, to Curtis, Catty Bitch, Blandy, Mipiprincesa, and anyone else who bothers to still read this drivel, (and lest we forget those who have gone away - Diva, Robyn, Pisser, Mike, and anyone else I've forgotten: ) I wish to all of you the warmest of Holiday Wishes, and only the best in 2008..

May all your dreams come to pass...

Ok, yeah.. I'm getting all sappy right now. Deal with it.. Maybe its the goddamned cognac hangover that practically had me running a fucking fever all day at work. Shit, I walked around with one hand stuffed in my shirt for christsakes.. Give me a break, will ya?!!

Comments

I'm been dropping by for a while. I wanted to speak up and tell you I'm a fan.

You're honest. Sometimes heartbreakingly so, and often with great wit. I do appreciate your brand of truth.

Thank you for sharing.

I want to wish you the very best in 2008. I hope you get back home soon.
Mama Llama said…
Hi there, Windrider:

You are funny. And heartbreaking. And honest. And blunt. And pretty good virtual company, even if drunk, at 2:00 a.m. If you lived next door, I'd join you with a bottle of wine. And that's all good, too. The world needs that, and needs to take heed of what you have to say.

So good for you for staking out your little corner of Infinity to share it with the rest of us.

Don't ever apologize for being you, even when the sappy you shines through. It's nice to see more of a totality of an equation, that does not always come through online.

I am pulling for your return home, too. I know, I wish I could be even on the same side of the continent as the rest of my family. May your wishes come true, too.

I will remain posted. Be well, Windrider.

--mp
Windrider said…
Hi Hensteeth,

Wow, thank you very much! I'm honored that you feel that way. Truly. It means a lot to hear that.

Please stop by anytime, and make yourself at home. Mi casa es su casa..

((Princesa))

Yes my darling dear, I was pretty well stymied on cognac the other night! (and damn, did I pay for it too!!!)

I enjoyed your company as well.. Heck, you you are ever in my area we will have to tip a glass together, for sure!! Drinks are on me.

I've always thought that the best medicine we have on this planet is the ability to make each other laugh, AND cry.

I also believe that being real with one another is the most important things we can ever do. You might not like my opinion, or feelings on an issue , or me yours. But we can at least respect the honesty, we are extending to one another by not pulling any punches.

Political correctness is a cancer that will eventually kill this country, and our society. To me it's basically telling everyone that having a personal opinion is essentially illegal....

Sometimes reality is hilarious, and funny. Other times it is raw, viceral, and almost shocking..

But it beats the hell out of false fronts, and emotional masks.

windrider
Blandy Snorhal said…
Merry Giftmas Windrider! My brother and I are not Christian so we have taken to calling Christmas "Giftmas" as we still enjoy buying each other gifts. I suppose we could just as easily call it "Cookimas", as it's mostly just about the cookies for us, but Giftmas has a better ring.

It seems like you've had some tough times this year, so here's to some extra joy in your life for 2008! And mine too. And everyone else's!

Just remember to put the important things in your life first. Even if it turns out that the important things are pizza and hair dye!
Windrider said…
EEkkk..

Don't even talk to me about hair dye..

I decided to screw around with some Clairol for women 2 weeks ago....

Oy! I grabbed chestnut intead of ash brown and now I look like a frikin' televangelist!!!

I'm not EVEN kidding. you should see it.. Talk about woman repellant.

I hope you have a super duper 2008 as well. We all need to strike for better conditions this year..

Errr, wait, I need to eat too.. Strike that...
Gregory said…
Well, put. It's just a day. What are we going to do with each of them that we're given?
Gregory said…
Well, put= Well put.
Windrider said…
Hi Catty,

It's funny I was contemplating just that as i was writing this post.

it's just sad to me that we hold back affection and smiles until this time of the year and simply act like bridge trolls the rest of the time. We should be living each day as if it were our last.