The Latest

Alas, I didn't head out on the boat on my days off this week. So, no new pictures or any thing like that.. I really wanted to, but I just caught up on my sleep and was wrapped up with the math class.

Next week, I fully plan on spending some time on the water. It just makes me feel so much better. It clears the cobwebs out of my mind, and sort of smooths me out inside. I'm still planning on trying a camp out on the island. But I need to get some gear to pull that one off. A good tent with VERY good screening is a must.

My brother sent me an email a few days ago telling me that his other Australian cattle dog "ruby" had died suddenly. The vet thought it was either an allergic reaction, poisoning, or possibly a rattlesnake bite. He and his wife are devastated by the loss. They just had to put "Otis" to sleep in January, and now they lose her.. Sad.. They can't have children so those dogs were the next best thing for them. I just don't know what to say to them other than I'm sorry.. I'm toying with the idea of calling a breeder in their area and buying them a new puppy. We'll see...

Mom and Dad are doing well. My father isn't even using a cane to get around anymore. He really came through the hip replacement with flying colors. I have to admit that I was really worried about that. When I saw him in December he just looked so frail. I hope it just continues to improve.

I still wish I could be there with them, but right now I need to get the education out of the way and that best done here. I just hope it all winds up with me living down the street from them. I've been away from them for so, so long.. I miss them. I better quit talking about it or it will get me down.

I went out with my teammate to a little bar in his neighborhood on Wednesday night. It was fun. But, I realized how long its been since I've been in a social setting. I felt awkward at first, but after a few drinks I actually enjoyed myself. He was singing karaoke, but it would have taken a lot more jet fuel to get me up there. I was content just to sit and watch the people. ( that's always been a favorite pastime for me. ) I guess I'm starting to come out of my shell a bit.

Other than that and some HUGE drama at work ( which I won't bore you with just yet ) there's not too much going on here in El Miami..

Until next time..

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Hi, Windy:

I am sorry about your brother's dogs. It is very, very hard to lose a pet, let alone two in a very short period. You have a nice thought--just be sure they are ready for that.

I am also extremely happy to hear your parents are doing well. A very welcome update...very important.

You sound good. You're sounding centered. That, too, makes me happy.

Off to T-ball practice. Have a wonderful weekend!

Be well, Windy.

Popular Posts