Easter Sucked...


The picture pretty much tells the whole story..

I was heading to work Sunday morning at about 0520, just cruising along. There were hardly any other cars in the expressway at that time of the morning. I was about 3 exits from work. I notice a car behind me that seems to be matching my speed and maintaining about 100 yards distance behind me.. Oh boy, that just screams "law enforcement".

I was right. The next thing I knew my world became a wonderland of blue LED strobes. Lovely. I pulled over to the side of the highway and 10 minutes later was the proud recipient of my first speeding ticket in 15 years.. And not just any ticket either. This one was for 77 in a 55 and costs 247.00.

Of course I can pay 220.00 in "court costs" aka "Extortion money to the State" and go to traffic school online to keep points off my license. ( which I'll do of course )

And to top it all off I caught a cold...

So Easter can kiss my ass..

Comments

Merriwether said…
Wow, that does suck! I'm suprised the cop let yu take a picture of his cruiser.

It's probably not much concillation, but I'll be adding you to my blogroll. I just have to squeeze in a trip to Big Bend first! :-)

-Blast/Merriwether
Windrider said…
Hiya Merriwether!

Welcome to the party. The picture came off the internet, it wasn't mine.

Man, Big Bend.... Sigh.. I haven't been there since 1993. I love that Park! Ok, now i'm jealous..
Mama Llama said…
Ouch. Lovely. Though I must say, hardly Easter's fault... )wink(

Sorry you caught the germies, babe. Probably passed them to you--I TOTALLY believe in web-based contagions.

Feel better, and be well, Windy.
Windrider said…
easter is the devil..

Popular Posts