Everglades photos from today..


I turned around and shot this right after I'd pulled my boat out of the water. Sunset over the Long Grass..



This fellow was at least 12 feet long. I actually spun the boat back around after spotting him on a bank. 99% of the time they'll rush into the water when they see you, so this was a very rare shot to get. I cut off the engine and drifted with the current to the the shots. If he's still in this area during harvest season I'm going to have a go at him...


Damn weeds got in the way... Just look at those teeth.. I'd estimate this ones age at around 9 to 12 years old..


The end of another day on the waters of the Florida Everglades.....

Comments

Charlie said…
fierce...now i know i shouldnt laugh at his viscious teeth but..they're so wonky poor chap, and his parents obviously didnt send him to an orthodontist. He just looks like he's got comedy teeth in.
Great shots :)
Mama Llama said…
Ah, Windy...those are nice. What teeth on the gators! I remember the gators in the Louisiana bayou--never really wanted to get too close to them, but it would be really exciting to see you in action.

Thanks, as always, for sharing. Be well.
Windrider said…
Charlie,

It's funny that you say that about his teeth. My friend and I were making jokes about his "horrible overbite" all afternoon.

Glad you liked them, love..

Mapi,

(blushing) So you want to see me in action?

Actually, It normally happens so fast you don't even know whats happened. ( insert joke here ) I'm at a real disadvantage out there due to the fact that I'm almost always alone, and on a moving/rocking platform I have to shoot from.. Most of my shots are 99% luck and 1% skill..
Mama Llama said…
Well, Windy...at least you have something to show for that 1%!

Have you had video captured of you getting one of those big boys? If you do, or have ever considered it, that would be thrilling to see.

:) Big smiles, lots of teeth.

Popular Posts