The Graveyard Shift
Finally, the last shift of the week for me...
It couldn't come at a better time to be honest with you. I'm really in need of some "me" time after all the happenings at work this week. I won't go into all the boring detail, but lets just say that a ton of drama is headed for a coworker who has just been asking for it. A 30 day suspension without pay would be entirely possible in his situation. But, this guy has had it coming to him for a long time and now it's all catching up to him. I'll have to be involved as is procedure.
Normally, it would bother me but I'm done with this guy.... He's been eligible to retire for 17 years and just won't pull the plug. He's a selfish old dick and I'm not going to pull him out of the fire like I did last time. He can fry for all I care. I'm tired of busting my ass getting people out of trouble only to have them get right back into it a few months later.
But, enough of that stuff.
I need to get my taxes done this week. I hope my tax lady can get me a good refund this year. I could use a nice little chunk of change to sock away. I REALLY need to start saving some money for an escape/vacation/emergency fund. That's something I simply haven't been able to in the last few years.
And for the best news: A week from tomorrow my jeep is fully paid off! That's an extra 500 a month back in my pocket.. I may have to celebrate!! It will be the first time since 1997 that I won't have a car payment. It makes me smile just thinking about it.
I have to say I've been feeling a lot better these days. It's no secret that the last year has been a dark, depressing one for me. Hell, the last 4 years have been some of the absolutely worst years in all my life. But it seems like all that is slowly waning, and some light is coming back. But it's not light in the from of another person, or money, or an object.. It's coming from inside me, because of me and getting to know myself.
It's hard to explain.... I just feel things smoothing out, and some hope returning. I'm thinking of my future and working towards a new life rather than just existing day to day. But it's all my own doing and my own energy, not someone Else's putting a spring back in my step. And I guess that's what is making the difference. My creativity is coming back in the form of my photography. I'm wanting to put my house in order and make it more of a home, rather than have it looking like an army barracks.
It makes me nervous in a way. Once you've lived under such darkness and some light begins shining you get fearful that it won't last long. I know that sounds fairly defeatist, but it's true. I suppose it's just a survival instinct, or form of self preservation. But, I'm forging forward anyways. I can't and don't want to stay in that nasty rut I've been in so long.
I still have a long way to go. Or as Robert Frost would say "miles to go before I sleep". But little by little I'm starting to get there.
I need to get back to work. I'll post more soon.
It couldn't come at a better time to be honest with you. I'm really in need of some "me" time after all the happenings at work this week. I won't go into all the boring detail, but lets just say that a ton of drama is headed for a coworker who has just been asking for it. A 30 day suspension without pay would be entirely possible in his situation. But, this guy has had it coming to him for a long time and now it's all catching up to him. I'll have to be involved as is procedure.
Normally, it would bother me but I'm done with this guy.... He's been eligible to retire for 17 years and just won't pull the plug. He's a selfish old dick and I'm not going to pull him out of the fire like I did last time. He can fry for all I care. I'm tired of busting my ass getting people out of trouble only to have them get right back into it a few months later.
But, enough of that stuff.
I need to get my taxes done this week. I hope my tax lady can get me a good refund this year. I could use a nice little chunk of change to sock away. I REALLY need to start saving some money for an escape/vacation/emergency fund. That's something I simply haven't been able to in the last few years.
And for the best news: A week from tomorrow my jeep is fully paid off! That's an extra 500 a month back in my pocket.. I may have to celebrate!! It will be the first time since 1997 that I won't have a car payment. It makes me smile just thinking about it.
I have to say I've been feeling a lot better these days. It's no secret that the last year has been a dark, depressing one for me. Hell, the last 4 years have been some of the absolutely worst years in all my life. But it seems like all that is slowly waning, and some light is coming back. But it's not light in the from of another person, or money, or an object.. It's coming from inside me, because of me and getting to know myself.
It's hard to explain.... I just feel things smoothing out, and some hope returning. I'm thinking of my future and working towards a new life rather than just existing day to day. But it's all my own doing and my own energy, not someone Else's putting a spring back in my step. And I guess that's what is making the difference. My creativity is coming back in the form of my photography. I'm wanting to put my house in order and make it more of a home, rather than have it looking like an army barracks.
It makes me nervous in a way. Once you've lived under such darkness and some light begins shining you get fearful that it won't last long. I know that sounds fairly defeatist, but it's true. I suppose it's just a survival instinct, or form of self preservation. But, I'm forging forward anyways. I can't and don't want to stay in that nasty rut I've been in so long.
I still have a long way to go. Or as Robert Frost would say "miles to go before I sleep". But little by little I'm starting to get there.
I need to get back to work. I'll post more soon.
Comments
Scary to see the light sometimes...it can illuminate so much...
You sound so good. And you have for a while now. That makes me smile.
Be well, Windy.