Thoughts On The Night Shift...
Another midnight shift...
But, I'm not complaining. It lets me work alone, which I would rather do anyhow.. There's a level of anonymity that it gives you since it's only a skeleton crew in the facility. Truth be told, If I could work only Midnights I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm becoming a recluse in my old age. I tend to shy away from a lot of interaction with people I work with. Hell, I tend to shy away from most interaction unless it's someone I really like.
I guess I'm just really sick of the selfishness, and aire of self importance that most other human beings exude. I can't stand it when I see it. And down here in "Cuba V 2.0" it's like a fucking infection. It's everywhere...
On the highways and streets, stop lights, in grocery store lines, gas stations, you name it. it's like the attitude is "Fuck you, I have to be first because I'm better or more important than you". Umm, no you aren't.. You're an arrogant Prick/Bitch/Little Snot Nosed Kid who needs to learn some manners, or don't they have those in that shithole you slithered in from?
If I could get away with it I'd just start punching the offenders dead square in the face.. Really.. I know that sounds extreme, but I really think it would cure a lot of that shit. Just haul off and bloody their nose. I'm not talking about seriously hurting them, just a little attitude adjustment of the five fingered kind.
Remember when we were growing up how there were standards of conduct in our society? You took your hat off when you walked indoors, Men offered a lady their seat, coat, and opened doors for then.. And the women actually said "thank you"..
I miss that. The world was a better place when we all had some social grace in us. And it was a safer world too..
The anger and rage level in our world is at an all time high. Just look at all the school shootings, mall shootings, road rage ,and all the other "Just Snapped" type of violence that's happening. Parents are killing thier children and then themselves, students walking into classrooms with shotguns full of buckshot, and pistols full of hollowpoints and just blasting away.
Something is really wrong here.. Really, really wrong.. And don't give me that shit about "we need gun control". That's a stupid cop out, and silly to even suggest. Guns aren't the problem.
Hell, at my highschool guys had shotguns and rifles in gun racks in their rear windows and never once did anyone shoot anyone else, or even threaten to! So that argument doesn't hold water at all. Guns are simply the method to express the rage. If it wasn't guns it would be something else. Bows, spears, knives, poison, whatever..
The problem is in our society. I think it's in the frustration/Desperation level that this country and the people in it have.
Think about it:
You can't hardly survive in this society financially anymore without credit debt. And you certainly can't do it on minimum wage slave level wages. The cost of housing is absolutely out of control, as are rent prices, vehicle prices, Insurance, medical care, and gas prices.. No job is really secure or totally steady anymore. People are working harder and longer than they ever have just to pay the bills, and keep a roof over their heads. To top that off retirement plans are pathetic jokes, as is Social Security.
The cost of a college degree is the same cost as a HOUSE and more often than not unattainable by a lot of people in the country unless they incur massive loan debt that enslaves them for decades. And even if they do get the degree, the entry level wages are an absolute joke.
You put all of those weights on the shoulders of people, box them in like rats, give them almost no options, tax them at every corner and then factor in all the hostility people have towards each other and what do you get?
A very dangerous society of individuals who are on the razor's edge, under immense pressure and stress. And eventually some of them just fucking SNAP, and pick up a weapon ( of any kind, altough firearms are the predominant choice as they are effective.. ) and figure that life isn't worth living and if they're going to check out of Hotel California they might as well take a few other people with em'...
Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong....
You can't..
Sadly, I don't see any easy solution to it. Not without almost impossible reforms in our culture, and government. And that ain't gonna happen.
I think all of this started from on thing though: Greed.. plain and simple..
Greed on the Government's part, Our elected official's parts, or Industry leader's parts, Big business, Unions, and a million other contributors to the problem...
The good jobs went offshore, the factories closed, the car manufacturing plants went south. And the jobs that had benefits and retirements vanished into thin air.
We've allowed illegal immigration ( which I consider "Insource-ing") to go unchecked because business loves the fact they can pay dirt wages to an illegal alien and provide no benefits to them. And they in turn leech off a social system funded by you and I . Food stamps, Welfare, HUD Houses, county medical care, the whole shebang. And all funded by hard working US Citizens and the tax dollars they pay to fund it. The illegals don't pay shit and we won't/don't do SHIT to stop it because everyone in this country has been made so sacred of not being "Politically Correct" and actually speaking out about it.
Bullshit, bullshit , three bags full..
How about we fix homelessness in regards to our OWN countrymen?
Why don't we come up with a viable way for inner city/rural youth, and families to get out of the projects/sticks and into a better life?
Come up with viable alternatives for people to get higher educations without feeding the credit industry, and enslaving them?
Make sure the elderly don't suffer from neglect and malnourishment?
Regulate the credit industry so it isn't just a gill net for catching hapless victims. ?
Offer big benefits for US companies to keep all parts of their operation inside the borders and employ Americans to do the Job?
Help the farmers, and ranchers produce good crops and not be so dependant on foreign countries agriculture, and meat?
Allow love in all forms to become sanctified, and legally recognized and protected?
We all have been conditioned buy the damned media to just turn a blind eye, and keep out mouth's shut out of fear. Speak out about anything like that and the next thing you know you're being portrayed as someone in a white sheet that burns crosses, or a government subversive. You get villified for speaking out about something going on that everyone knows is wrong. Freedom of speech? That's an illusion that disappeared a long time ago...
That mentality has really killed this country in my opinion. We've turned into a bunch of damned pantywaists who just keep our eyes on the ground and don't cause waves. Well, that wasn't how this country was founded, and it needs to change. We all need to speak up and make ourselves heard. We need to stop being lead aroung by the nose and eating the shit sandwich we're being handed.
But we won't.
In short we all wanted more for less, and thats exactly what we got. More wool pulled over our eyes, and less truth...
Shit, elect me President.. I'll have this Son of a Bitch running like clockwork by christmas..
And we know that's not going to happen. We're just screwed...
But hey, I have martini fixins at the house!!
In Vodka Veritas...
But, I'm not complaining. It lets me work alone, which I would rather do anyhow.. There's a level of anonymity that it gives you since it's only a skeleton crew in the facility. Truth be told, If I could work only Midnights I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm becoming a recluse in my old age. I tend to shy away from a lot of interaction with people I work with. Hell, I tend to shy away from most interaction unless it's someone I really like.
I guess I'm just really sick of the selfishness, and aire of self importance that most other human beings exude. I can't stand it when I see it. And down here in "Cuba V 2.0" it's like a fucking infection. It's everywhere...
On the highways and streets, stop lights, in grocery store lines, gas stations, you name it. it's like the attitude is "Fuck you, I have to be first because I'm better or more important than you". Umm, no you aren't.. You're an arrogant Prick/Bitch/Little Snot Nosed Kid who needs to learn some manners, or don't they have those in that shithole you slithered in from?
If I could get away with it I'd just start punching the offenders dead square in the face.. Really.. I know that sounds extreme, but I really think it would cure a lot of that shit. Just haul off and bloody their nose. I'm not talking about seriously hurting them, just a little attitude adjustment of the five fingered kind.
Remember when we were growing up how there were standards of conduct in our society? You took your hat off when you walked indoors, Men offered a lady their seat, coat, and opened doors for then.. And the women actually said "thank you"..
I miss that. The world was a better place when we all had some social grace in us. And it was a safer world too..
The anger and rage level in our world is at an all time high. Just look at all the school shootings, mall shootings, road rage ,and all the other "Just Snapped" type of violence that's happening. Parents are killing thier children and then themselves, students walking into classrooms with shotguns full of buckshot, and pistols full of hollowpoints and just blasting away.
Something is really wrong here.. Really, really wrong.. And don't give me that shit about "we need gun control". That's a stupid cop out, and silly to even suggest. Guns aren't the problem.
Hell, at my highschool guys had shotguns and rifles in gun racks in their rear windows and never once did anyone shoot anyone else, or even threaten to! So that argument doesn't hold water at all. Guns are simply the method to express the rage. If it wasn't guns it would be something else. Bows, spears, knives, poison, whatever..
The problem is in our society. I think it's in the frustration/Desperation level that this country and the people in it have.
Think about it:
You can't hardly survive in this society financially anymore without credit debt. And you certainly can't do it on minimum wage slave level wages. The cost of housing is absolutely out of control, as are rent prices, vehicle prices, Insurance, medical care, and gas prices.. No job is really secure or totally steady anymore. People are working harder and longer than they ever have just to pay the bills, and keep a roof over their heads. To top that off retirement plans are pathetic jokes, as is Social Security.
The cost of a college degree is the same cost as a HOUSE and more often than not unattainable by a lot of people in the country unless they incur massive loan debt that enslaves them for decades. And even if they do get the degree, the entry level wages are an absolute joke.
You put all of those weights on the shoulders of people, box them in like rats, give them almost no options, tax them at every corner and then factor in all the hostility people have towards each other and what do you get?
A very dangerous society of individuals who are on the razor's edge, under immense pressure and stress. And eventually some of them just fucking SNAP, and pick up a weapon ( of any kind, altough firearms are the predominant choice as they are effective.. ) and figure that life isn't worth living and if they're going to check out of Hotel California they might as well take a few other people with em'...
Go ahead, tell me I'm wrong....
You can't..
Sadly, I don't see any easy solution to it. Not without almost impossible reforms in our culture, and government. And that ain't gonna happen.
I think all of this started from on thing though: Greed.. plain and simple..
Greed on the Government's part, Our elected official's parts, or Industry leader's parts, Big business, Unions, and a million other contributors to the problem...
The good jobs went offshore, the factories closed, the car manufacturing plants went south. And the jobs that had benefits and retirements vanished into thin air.
We've allowed illegal immigration ( which I consider "Insource-ing") to go unchecked because business loves the fact they can pay dirt wages to an illegal alien and provide no benefits to them. And they in turn leech off a social system funded by you and I . Food stamps, Welfare, HUD Houses, county medical care, the whole shebang. And all funded by hard working US Citizens and the tax dollars they pay to fund it. The illegals don't pay shit and we won't/don't do SHIT to stop it because everyone in this country has been made so sacred of not being "Politically Correct" and actually speaking out about it.
Bullshit, bullshit , three bags full..
How about we fix homelessness in regards to our OWN countrymen?
Why don't we come up with a viable way for inner city/rural youth, and families to get out of the projects/sticks and into a better life?
Come up with viable alternatives for people to get higher educations without feeding the credit industry, and enslaving them?
Make sure the elderly don't suffer from neglect and malnourishment?
Regulate the credit industry so it isn't just a gill net for catching hapless victims. ?
Offer big benefits for US companies to keep all parts of their operation inside the borders and employ Americans to do the Job?
Help the farmers, and ranchers produce good crops and not be so dependant on foreign countries agriculture, and meat?
Allow love in all forms to become sanctified, and legally recognized and protected?
We all have been conditioned buy the damned media to just turn a blind eye, and keep out mouth's shut out of fear. Speak out about anything like that and the next thing you know you're being portrayed as someone in a white sheet that burns crosses, or a government subversive. You get villified for speaking out about something going on that everyone knows is wrong. Freedom of speech? That's an illusion that disappeared a long time ago...
That mentality has really killed this country in my opinion. We've turned into a bunch of damned pantywaists who just keep our eyes on the ground and don't cause waves. Well, that wasn't how this country was founded, and it needs to change. We all need to speak up and make ourselves heard. We need to stop being lead aroung by the nose and eating the shit sandwich we're being handed.
But we won't.
In short we all wanted more for less, and thats exactly what we got. More wool pulled over our eyes, and less truth...
Shit, elect me President.. I'll have this Son of a Bitch running like clockwork by christmas..
And we know that's not going to happen. We're just screwed...
But hey, I have martini fixins at the house!!
In Vodka Veritas...
Comments
Such a difficult world in which we live. Teaching the ignorant doesn't work, ignoring them just makes us more like them than we'd care to admit. So what to do?
It all starts at home, like it or not. And with the self-centered incompetents now calling themselves "parents" (present company included, of course...not necessarily on the 'incompetent' scale but definitely on the 'self-centered' scale), well--we're all just plain doomed.
Nice and positive, ¿no?
I'll be your VP. I think we could get a hell of a lot done here...but I could temper you and you could temper me. We could have a decent, complementary partnership going.
...and forgive my ignorance, but is there not such a thing as a "chocolate martini"? That, I just might try.
Be well, Windy. And smile today. The world IS a better place when you smile.
Sorry for the delay in the reply.. Real life cropped up and made me take notice. I just had to get some needed things done and stop sitting on my big ass..
Mapi- a chocolate martini is a thing to behold.. I would never drink one as i'm a purist, but hey..
When I run, you can be my ticket mate.. Fore sure.. And I have a feeling that you could foster better relations with latin america with your language skills.
Granny - Well, I an trying to cut back believe it or not. I need the liver to hold our until the good times come along and I get back to Texas.
See, that's what I'm talking about!! We need to bottle up the mentality of the folks you live around and spray it over the cities with crop dusters. We SO need that to come back to this country in the worst way. That sense of community. It ties us all together on a human level, and makes us as one..
I know I'm getting all "kumbuyatic" here, but I really feel that way. I don't give a damn what your color or ethnic background is. If you are here to part of the solution and not the problem, and need a hand up, but not a "handout" I'll be the first one reaching out to grab you..
But if your only goal is to get a free ride, you'll get a boot in your ass..