The Long Night...
Well, it's my usual midnight shift. I'm working all by myself and couldn't be happier about it.
I've had my fill of people today. I'm just not in the mood to be around others, with all of their needs, wants, and shitty behavior. My earlier shift today was just rife with drama, and stress. I had a number of things that I needed to take care of for other people as well as myself.
I made a decision concerning doing things for others today. They will get done after I look after my own needs, period. Especially people who just want something from me. I'm so sick of that crap. There are a number of people I work with who are nothing but self centered users and I'm done with them. I absolutely refuse to bend over backwards to accomplish things for them anymore.
See, I'm developing a real distaste for users, and people who have no spine. I can't be bothered to even give them the time of day anymore. I've had to suffer a certain amount of this due to the fact that I'm a union representative. When someone has a grievance its part of the job to assist them with resolving it as best I can with management.
Well, this is a very tough thing to do most of the time. It's almost like I have to be part psychologist, and part attorney. Now, I have no problem helping someone that genuinely has been mistreated or had a wrong done unto them. Not at all.. That's what my position as a representative is all about. But, I'm not some sort of hit man. Nor can I go and demand something from management if the issue in question isn't supported by our Contract. It just isn't going to happen..
Heaven help you when you try to explain this to someone who has almost no understanding of how the process works. I had to do this very thing today, and it was like trying to teach a dog calculus. Basically, due to the statute of limitations this persons complaint was null and void. She waited far too long to try to take action. Pretty simple, right? It made perfect sense to me..
Well, she started getting all wound up about the whole thing and wasn't listening to a damn thing I was saying to her. ( this is a typical behavior for this twat, as she thinks the entire fucking world revolves around her ) I sat there and listened to her vent, and rant, and rave for the better part of 5 minutes. I told her that I was sorry, but the issue was dead in the water.. Well, it just wasn't getting thru the ol' thick skull... Then she started throwing veiled criticisms at me, and how I handled it..
That pissed me off.... I kept my cool (somewhat) and told her that just because she wasn't getting what she felt she deserved, she needed to watch her mouth when it came to accusing me of mishandling her issue. She got the point and backed off. Probably due to the look on my face.
After the conversation was over I got to deal with my utterly spineless supervisor.
Aaaagggg!!
This guy is a real piece of shit. Zero ability to stand up for his people, resolve simple issues, or make even the most rudimentary decision for fear of upsetting the apple cart and pissing someone off. Our conversation was roughly akin to having my fingernails pulled off with a pair of pliers. He has no backbone at fucking all, and will throw you under the bus in a millisecond to keep from having to assert himself.. I had to sit and listen to him waffle, and wriggle this way and that about various issues that he was justifying taking no action on. Just pathetic..
As I was driving home, I was thinking about all of the shit that had happened during the day. I was just really bothered by it all. I mean, no one exercises any sort of intelligence, or loyalty any more. It as if these mentalities have spread like a damn virus. It just makes me sick.
So, today I basically decided to quit putting so much effort into the problems of others take care of mine first. Too bad, so sad.. I'm done with the whole self sacrifice thing with people at work who are nothing but users, neighbors that are nothing but users, and all other forms of user douchebags. No more. I refuse.
I have a lot of work ahead of me to get finished with school and get the hell out of here. I just have to put my needs first and not those of others. It's time to dig myself out of this rut I've been in for so long. I'm too young and have too much going for me to settle for the life I have right now. I'm better than this, and I deserve better than this. It may sound arrogant but I really don't care, because it's true.
Everybody is just going to have to fend for themselves. I've gotta get mine, and I can't do that putting out fires and fixing shit that doesn't even concern me. That's just how its going to have to be for the next couple of years. It's about me from here on out.
Now, that's not to say I'm going to be a prick to my real friends of family. But these assholes I work with are in for a rude shock.
But enough of that stuff.....
I have a few things to do in the next few days. I need to get registered for a class that starts on the 15th and get the ball rolling. I really need to give the boat some love and take her out for a spin. ( it will do me a world of good as well ) Laundry, grocery shopping, house cleaning, all that jazz..
And GET TO THE GYM!! I need to lose the equivalent of one of the Olsen Twins from around my waist and it's not going to happen sitting on my ass drinking martinis.. Time to get back into the Cathedral of Iron, and repent of my flabby ways. I must atone for my sins in the House of Pain with miles on the treadmill, and many reps...
And hey, there might be some eye candy to look at! Oooga Booga!!
I've had my fill of people today. I'm just not in the mood to be around others, with all of their needs, wants, and shitty behavior. My earlier shift today was just rife with drama, and stress. I had a number of things that I needed to take care of for other people as well as myself.
I made a decision concerning doing things for others today. They will get done after I look after my own needs, period. Especially people who just want something from me. I'm so sick of that crap. There are a number of people I work with who are nothing but self centered users and I'm done with them. I absolutely refuse to bend over backwards to accomplish things for them anymore.
See, I'm developing a real distaste for users, and people who have no spine. I can't be bothered to even give them the time of day anymore. I've had to suffer a certain amount of this due to the fact that I'm a union representative. When someone has a grievance its part of the job to assist them with resolving it as best I can with management.
Well, this is a very tough thing to do most of the time. It's almost like I have to be part psychologist, and part attorney. Now, I have no problem helping someone that genuinely has been mistreated or had a wrong done unto them. Not at all.. That's what my position as a representative is all about. But, I'm not some sort of hit man. Nor can I go and demand something from management if the issue in question isn't supported by our Contract. It just isn't going to happen..
Heaven help you when you try to explain this to someone who has almost no understanding of how the process works. I had to do this very thing today, and it was like trying to teach a dog calculus. Basically, due to the statute of limitations this persons complaint was null and void. She waited far too long to try to take action. Pretty simple, right? It made perfect sense to me..
Well, she started getting all wound up about the whole thing and wasn't listening to a damn thing I was saying to her. ( this is a typical behavior for this twat, as she thinks the entire fucking world revolves around her ) I sat there and listened to her vent, and rant, and rave for the better part of 5 minutes. I told her that I was sorry, but the issue was dead in the water.. Well, it just wasn't getting thru the ol' thick skull... Then she started throwing veiled criticisms at me, and how I handled it..
That pissed me off.... I kept my cool (somewhat) and told her that just because she wasn't getting what she felt she deserved, she needed to watch her mouth when it came to accusing me of mishandling her issue. She got the point and backed off. Probably due to the look on my face.
After the conversation was over I got to deal with my utterly spineless supervisor.
Aaaagggg!!
This guy is a real piece of shit. Zero ability to stand up for his people, resolve simple issues, or make even the most rudimentary decision for fear of upsetting the apple cart and pissing someone off. Our conversation was roughly akin to having my fingernails pulled off with a pair of pliers. He has no backbone at fucking all, and will throw you under the bus in a millisecond to keep from having to assert himself.. I had to sit and listen to him waffle, and wriggle this way and that about various issues that he was justifying taking no action on. Just pathetic..
As I was driving home, I was thinking about all of the shit that had happened during the day. I was just really bothered by it all. I mean, no one exercises any sort of intelligence, or loyalty any more. It as if these mentalities have spread like a damn virus. It just makes me sick.
So, today I basically decided to quit putting so much effort into the problems of others take care of mine first. Too bad, so sad.. I'm done with the whole self sacrifice thing with people at work who are nothing but users, neighbors that are nothing but users, and all other forms of user douchebags. No more. I refuse.
I have a lot of work ahead of me to get finished with school and get the hell out of here. I just have to put my needs first and not those of others. It's time to dig myself out of this rut I've been in for so long. I'm too young and have too much going for me to settle for the life I have right now. I'm better than this, and I deserve better than this. It may sound arrogant but I really don't care, because it's true.
Everybody is just going to have to fend for themselves. I've gotta get mine, and I can't do that putting out fires and fixing shit that doesn't even concern me. That's just how its going to have to be for the next couple of years. It's about me from here on out.
Now, that's not to say I'm going to be a prick to my real friends of family. But these assholes I work with are in for a rude shock.
But enough of that stuff.....
I have a few things to do in the next few days. I need to get registered for a class that starts on the 15th and get the ball rolling. I really need to give the boat some love and take her out for a spin. ( it will do me a world of good as well ) Laundry, grocery shopping, house cleaning, all that jazz..
And GET TO THE GYM!! I need to lose the equivalent of one of the Olsen Twins from around my waist and it's not going to happen sitting on my ass drinking martinis.. Time to get back into the Cathedral of Iron, and repent of my flabby ways. I must atone for my sins in the House of Pain with miles on the treadmill, and many reps...
And hey, there might be some eye candy to look at! Oooga Booga!!
Comments
The thing is - you helps these peoples and they donnae even remember that five minutes later so you bent yourself all outa shape to solve their problems for what?
Damn straight you deserve better.
Yep, I'm done with patty-caking these shitcocks.. No mas, comprende?
Word.
and so freaking smart. it's rather awe inspiring.
I worked as a paralegal in the domestic relations unit of the DA's office for 12 years.
I finally couldn't take putting up with shit from stupid people anymore.
I had to get out.
You DO deserve better.
Hope today was better for you, Windy. Be well.
Be well...
Weclome to my little den of iniquity.. yeah, it just builds up to a breaking point. I'm just about there at my current job. No one ever leaves because its a federal job and the pay is decent. But you need wings to stay above all the bullshit.
Granny - thats pretty damn solid advice. And I for one will not be bending over any damn time soon.. Them days are over.
Mapi - i'd love to be my own boss someday.. That's the way to go in my opinion.. And believe it or not.. my building was one of only a handfull in south florida that wasn't affected at all. Why, I have NO idea.