My thoughts on my life, my world, and the people and places that surround me.. Sometimes with vulgar and harsh language. ( so if this offends you, think twice before reading.. )
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Squirrel Nut Zippers - The ghost of Stephen Foster
I have never heard these guys before. The first thing I thought: Dude, what a rocking violin. Second thing: I could totally swing to this. It is perfect for swing. Third thing is off the wall: In Japan Stephen Foster is very well remembered and often referred to. Perhaps reason being that his songs presents an Americana that is not only extremely ideal and often presented as such in film, etc. overseas, but also presents this imagery in really understandible English.
So that hit me on various levels...including my LOVE of good old-fashioned, non-computerized animation!
Comments
I have never heard these guys before. The first thing I thought: Dude, what a rocking violin. Second thing: I could totally swing to this. It is perfect for swing. Third thing is off the wall: In Japan Stephen Foster is very well remembered and often referred to. Perhaps reason being that his songs presents an Americana that is not only extremely ideal and often presented as such in film, etc. overseas, but also presents this imagery in really understandible English.
So that hit me on various levels...including my LOVE of good old-fashioned, non-computerized animation!
Thanks, Windy! Have a great Monday!
Be well.
They are an absolutely AWESOME band! I've been a fan since 96. Great swing tunes!
There are a few vids on youtube of them but you really need to get the albums. They just rock!