Please,
Not for any particular reason, and in no particular order. Just because I was thinking about this. I'm going to ramble and wander about all sorts of situations, so buckle up.....
- Please don't smack your lips when you eat, or chew with your mouth open. It makes me feel like I'm in a bad episode of Wild Kingdom.
- Don't interrupt me, or talk over me when I'm speaking please.
- Be punctual. 7:00 does not mean 7:15, 7:30, or 8:00.
- If you are going to be late, CALL ME.
- Have a sense of humor about things. Not everything has to be a life or death decision.
- Don't be a drama queen. I get enough of that shit at work.
- If you can't hold your liquor or get violent/cry/lose your mind when you drink, stick to water when we're together..
- Don't come cry on my shoulder about your Ex who horribly mistreated you, then reconcile with them and expect me to accept/approve of it. You will only piss me off.
- Just because I'm currently built like a Grizzly Bear does NOT mean I'll back you up if you decide to pick a fight in a bar/club/parking lot. Sometimes an ass kicking is the best way to let you know that you drink too much. Self defence is an entirely different matter.
- Don't drive like a douchebag if I'm riding with you. I've been in enough accidents in my life.
- Remember that respect is a two way street.
- If you violate my trust it will be a long time, if ever, before you get it back and even then you will be on double secret probation.
- Be yourself. Don't try to act like something/someone you aren't around me. I like you for you.
- Relax, I don't bite. ( outside the bedroom )
- If you can't handle the answer, then DON'T ask the question.. I don't tell people what they want to hear. If thats what you want buy a "Magic 8Ball" or something.
- If I've done something wrong or offended you I'll apologize right away, and mean it. Please do the same for me.
- Don't play games with my heart. Or you will vanish from my life like a fart in the wind.
- I cannot stand people who cause a scene in public. I will get up and leave immediately if you do this.
- Don't ever raise a hand to me in violence unless you are willing to drink your dinner through a straw for the next year or so. The same goes for threats of violence.
- If you are having a bad day don't take it out on me. Stay at home and get over it. I will do the same in return.
- I will give you the shirt off my back, but don't take advantage me because it will only happen once.
- If you borrow something and it gets stolen, broken, or lost please replace it without me having to ask you to do so.
- If you are condescending or rude with waitstaff, or stiff them on a gratuity I will make it right and never dine with you again. Ever...
- If we are outdoors and I tell you to stand still, do so immediately and remain that way until I tell you otherwise as there is probably a VERY good reason for it. ( ask my friend who got bitten by the rattlesnake)
- Littering pisses me off.
- You must possess basic etiquette skills. Meaning, don't start dropping F-bombs in mixed company, or passing gas at a cocktail party...
- If we are ever having an argument and it deteriorates into just saying hurtful things I will stop it and leave the area until we've both cooled of and can be rational. DO NOT attempt to stop me from leaving..
- If you are at my place and I tell you to make yourself at home, please do so. Don't be bashful about getting food or drink in the kitchen, opening the refrigerator, etc, etc. I wouldn't say it if I didn't truly mean it.
- Be real with me. I will respect you more than you'll ever know for doing that. Even if it stings, or isn't what I want to hear.
- Don't profess to do things in the bedroom you actually lack the nerve/wardrobe/ability to do. This makes you a fraud, and bullshit artist.
- If you have suddenly found religion I'm very happy for you. Really. But keep it to yourself. Push it on me, or start crowing dogma/judgement about how I live my life and you'll find yourself on the receiving end of my shoe in your ass.
I guess what I'm trying to say is just be a real person with me. No matter who you are. Don't misrepresent yourself, or try to pawn yourself off as something you aren't. I'm an oddity myself, so don't conceal the fact that you are as well.
We're all fighting the same silly fight.
- Please don't smack your lips when you eat, or chew with your mouth open. It makes me feel like I'm in a bad episode of Wild Kingdom.
- Don't interrupt me, or talk over me when I'm speaking please.
- Be punctual. 7:00 does not mean 7:15, 7:30, or 8:00.
- If you are going to be late, CALL ME.
- Have a sense of humor about things. Not everything has to be a life or death decision.
- Don't be a drama queen. I get enough of that shit at work.
- If you can't hold your liquor or get violent/cry/lose your mind when you drink, stick to water when we're together..
- Don't come cry on my shoulder about your Ex who horribly mistreated you, then reconcile with them and expect me to accept/approve of it. You will only piss me off.
- Just because I'm currently built like a Grizzly Bear does NOT mean I'll back you up if you decide to pick a fight in a bar/club/parking lot. Sometimes an ass kicking is the best way to let you know that you drink too much. Self defence is an entirely different matter.
- Don't drive like a douchebag if I'm riding with you. I've been in enough accidents in my life.
- Remember that respect is a two way street.
- If you violate my trust it will be a long time, if ever, before you get it back and even then you will be on double secret probation.
- Be yourself. Don't try to act like something/someone you aren't around me. I like you for you.
- Relax, I don't bite. ( outside the bedroom )
- If you can't handle the answer, then DON'T ask the question.. I don't tell people what they want to hear. If thats what you want buy a "Magic 8Ball" or something.
- If I've done something wrong or offended you I'll apologize right away, and mean it. Please do the same for me.
- Don't play games with my heart. Or you will vanish from my life like a fart in the wind.
- I cannot stand people who cause a scene in public. I will get up and leave immediately if you do this.
- Don't ever raise a hand to me in violence unless you are willing to drink your dinner through a straw for the next year or so. The same goes for threats of violence.
- If you are having a bad day don't take it out on me. Stay at home and get over it. I will do the same in return.
- I will give you the shirt off my back, but don't take advantage me because it will only happen once.
- If you borrow something and it gets stolen, broken, or lost please replace it without me having to ask you to do so.
- If you are condescending or rude with waitstaff, or stiff them on a gratuity I will make it right and never dine with you again. Ever...
- If we are outdoors and I tell you to stand still, do so immediately and remain that way until I tell you otherwise as there is probably a VERY good reason for it. ( ask my friend who got bitten by the rattlesnake)
- Littering pisses me off.
- You must possess basic etiquette skills. Meaning, don't start dropping F-bombs in mixed company, or passing gas at a cocktail party...
- If we are ever having an argument and it deteriorates into just saying hurtful things I will stop it and leave the area until we've both cooled of and can be rational. DO NOT attempt to stop me from leaving..
- If you are at my place and I tell you to make yourself at home, please do so. Don't be bashful about getting food or drink in the kitchen, opening the refrigerator, etc, etc. I wouldn't say it if I didn't truly mean it.
- Be real with me. I will respect you more than you'll ever know for doing that. Even if it stings, or isn't what I want to hear.
- Don't profess to do things in the bedroom you actually lack the nerve/wardrobe/ability to do. This makes you a fraud, and bullshit artist.
- If you have suddenly found religion I'm very happy for you. Really. But keep it to yourself. Push it on me, or start crowing dogma/judgement about how I live my life and you'll find yourself on the receiving end of my shoe in your ass.
I guess what I'm trying to say is just be a real person with me. No matter who you are. Don't misrepresent yourself, or try to pawn yourself off as something you aren't. I'm an oddity myself, so don't conceal the fact that you are as well.
We're all fighting the same silly fight.
Comments
Do remember, being honest is a two way street. Be straight up with others as much as you expect them to be straight up with you.
I don't think you'll have much trouble with that. You're a terrific and sexy guy and one I am proud to know.
I don't think you would have any trouble at all.
Being a sloppy drunk isn't so bad from time to time, but being an out of control one like Kim Bassinger from "Blind Date" is a bad thing. LOL
I wholeheartedly agree with you about honesty. That's a hard thing for some people to do and I'm not sure why. Maybe fear of rejection, or self esteem problems. There have been many times in my life when it has been difficult/uncomfortable to be honest with someone, but it has always been the best decision.
I'm proud to know you as well Curt. You are a great friend, and a gentleman. You're pretty sexy yourself there Pal!