Midnight Rambler

My final shift of the week.. I couldn't be happier.

It's been a long week. Nothing too horrible has happened at all. It just has felt like 2 weeks packed into one. School registration, buying books off the internet for the 2 classes that start this week, etc... Man, 310 bucks for 2 firggin' books!! No wonder people can't afford to go to college these days. If I hadn't been in the service and had the GI Bill paying for this there would be no way I could afford it. That's pretty sad.

Theres a part of me that wonders what the next few years hold for me. Will the school really pay off? Will I be able to find a good job back home? Will I get back there and be dissapointed?

Who knows.

I'm just ready to not be in a constant transitional state. It makes you feel adrift on and endless sea, alone. Life consists of bailing, staying out of the sun, and just surviving. That, and hoping and wishing that something appears on the horizon. Day after day, night after night. I've been in this state for a couple of years and I'm sick of it.

But, I try not to focus on that. It's not easy, but it just isn't productive to dwell on it. And it does no good anyhow. So, onward and upward I guess. I've made a habit of trying to focus on things that make me happy instead of dwelling on the bad shit. But, like I said it's not easy sometimes.

Well, I better get going. I need to wrap up before the drama squad arrives in a little while.

Peace

Comments

Popular Posts