Ignition......



Well, I lit the fuse.

I just walked back in from purchasing a 3500 dollar Precor 9.35 treadmill with a heart rate monitor.

(go ahead and pick yourselves up off the floor.. I'll wait...)

It will be delivered next Thursday. I'm having it placed in the living room right in front of the television.

The days of pontificating, lying to myself, sitting on my ass, doing nothing, and putting this off are over.. For Good.... The drill Sargent side of me got tired of all the bullshit. I'm no longer going to promise myself I'm going to the gym. My living room will be the gym. I will sweat. I will ache. I will chafe, I will gasp for breath. But I WILL win.

Gone are the days of not being social because of my body image. Gone are the days of staying in the apartment. Gone are the "fat clothes", and not enjoying myself. The days of excuses, and self loathing are gone. I WILL flirt again. I will be "THE MAN" again. Oh yes.... I will...

I will be the confident, attractive, seductive person I once was only a few years ago. Or I will die trying. But either way, the days of moping around fooling myself are over. I will have a 32 inch waist again. I will meet Mapi for drinks someday. I will hang out with Curtis and show him my beloved Everglades as I feed him shots. I will dance with Leah in Israel. And out shoot Mish with her own rifle as we celebrate her remission. Hell, maybe I'll ride a freight train with Carrot Quinn! ( she's "I am Not Afraid of Winter" on my blogroll. Check her out, she's awesome.... )

It's time to start living my life again. And that is precisely, exactly what I'm going to do. I refuse to watch anymore years slip by as I sit on the sidelines. No more. I want to dance, love, live, and have adventures again. I want to travel. I want to write. I want to be more of a photographer. I want to hunt alligators again.

And I'm going to do all those things and MORE! Because I choose to. Because I just lit the fuse and it can't be put out. Because I'd rather die trying, than live crying.

"We have Ignition.."

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Essssso me gusta escuchar.

Wow.

You CAN do it. I want to follow your progress!! I am my friend's cheerleader in WeightWatchers, since she doesn't get any support at home from her husband, and every loss, be it a fraction of a pound to this week's 2.3 pounds, we celebrate in some way.

Remember to do that for yourself, too. You don't have to eat to celebrate, but take yourself out to the Glades. Do something you TRULY enjoy. You need to keep yourself motivated, and I will do all I can from here to help with that motivation.

WHOO-HOO!!!!

What a Friday treat, to read such gusto from you. Be well, Windy!!
Anonymous said…
MAZEL TOV!!
Echoing Mama Llama, YOU CAN DO IT!
I will be cheering you too, you can count on it. I can't go more than a few days without my "Matt fix"

I have a friend who saves his favourite TV show to watch while he runs,works for him.


L/Y
Windrider said…
Why thank you Ladies..

I'm not sure exactly what lit the fire under my butt. I just decided last night to grab my keys and go buy it.

It was ALOT more than I wanted to spend, but the thing is Gym quality. It actually sells for 4200 dollars but this one is last years model, and the style changed so I got it at a discount.

It's just time to get it done. And hey two cute cheerleaders to motivate me, cool!

And yep, it's being placed right in front of the tv.
Curtis said…
You go, boy! I'm taking you up on your offer!
Windrider said…
CURTIS! My Man! How the hell have you been friend? It seems like ages since we've talked. I need to start using the keyboard a bit more often.

Absolutely. I'll give you the "Wild Kingdom" tour of the joint!
Windrider said…
Besides, your picture of your newly sculpted waist on you site made me jealous.

( my competitive nature coming out )
Merriwether said…
You are doing a fistfull of goodness with this and I'm rooting for you!

-Merriwether
Windrider said…
Hey Merriweather!

Thanks for the support Man! It is most welcome.

I had one of those "walking past the mirror naked" moments. It wasn't pretty.

It's time to sweat.

Popular Posts