Dodging cannonballs...

Work has become a real thorn in my side this last week or so. Nothing but hassles, and bad vibes. I hate it. I won't go into exhaustive detail other than just to say that it sucks. I bitch about that place far too much on here. Sometimes it helps get the stress out, and other times it just keeps me dwelling on it. Which is something I need to stop doing.

I've been really quiet for the last few days. Even Leah noticed and sent me an email seeing if I was doing alright.

And I am, I've just been examining my life, and doing some thinking about everything. I'm trying to practice taking better care of myself on the mental level, in addition to the physical level. I've also been trying to make my apartment more of a sanctuary to relax in. I realized that I haven't really made my place into a peaceful home where I feel at ease. So, I'm going to start taking steps to make it more that way.

I want to donate alot of stuff to charity and clear the clutter out of my life. I want to decorate the place a bit more, buy a new couch, etc. I'm staying put for the next couple of years, and I want more relaxation, and less stress for those next two years.

I'm leaving work at work. I'm going to stop ruminating over it when I'm at home. In fact, I'm actively detaching myself from work emotionally period. I don't owe any of those people the time of day. Nor are they worth the investment of any of my emotions. The time I spend at work will be exactly that. When I drive out the gate I'm done with it. Don't call my phone, because it will not be answered if It is work or any one associated with work. In the past I would help out. No more..... Ever.... I've done that for too many years only to have a knife stuck in my back when I need the help back in return. So now, I'll be unwilling/unable to swap shifts or come in to help out. Too bad. So Sad...

My schoolwork has to be the focus of my attention. I start 2 new classes next week. After these two I'll have 7 classes left. The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter, and that is a very good thing indeed. I'm shocked that I'm almost done with the undergraduate portion. It's gone by pretty fast. I need to make sure my resume is updated as well. I'm going to be sending some feelers out back home in San Antonio when I graduate. Who knows, I might just get lucky and get an offer. I doubt it, but hey lightning could strike. It would be like winning the Lottery.

In other news:

My teammate pussed out, and moved back in with his Mommy. I'm not altogether surprised by it. He's been a silver spoon baby all his life. I guess the thought of actually working without the safety net of a family trust fund was too much for him to bear. And apparently that's exactly what it boiled down to. She threatened to write him out of the will if he left her.

So like any cur dog, he put his tail between his legs and whimpered all the way back home to sleep once again in the bedroom of his childhood.. I was over at the house on Wednesday night, and the smug look of satisfaction in her eyes was enough to turn your stomach. He is still a dear friend, but I've lost an immense amount of respect for him. I'll never say that to him as he is a friend, but I guess everyone has a price they'll sell out for.

Sad....

So that's the latest here in the third world country that is South Florida.

Comments

Popular Posts