Ok, Let me Simplify it for You...
Apparently I struck a nerve with my post about my Boss.
Why do I say this?
Well I received a rather angry e-mail from someone who reads this blog and somehow now believes that I'm some sort of Hater of Hispanics. Granted, they didn't bother to leave a comment, but just decided to e-mail me. How courageous...
So, even though I'm not going to call you out by name, I AM going to set the record straight.
I make ZERO apologies for what I wrote. ZERO.. You got that? I'm forced to be "politically correct" at work, but here on my blog I'll tell it like it is! Political correctness is the cancer that is eating our society apart at the core. I'll be damned if I'll participate in it here in my own Inner Sanctum.
If you are incapable of understanding and digesting what was said in that post without having some infantile, knee jerk reaction and having the audacity to accuse me of being a racist/bigot in your round about way, you are quite welcome to not visit here ever again. And I mean that sincerely...
I am probably THE most non racist person you'll ever meet. No, I'm not going to lower myself to telling you about all the friends I've had who were of other races. I don't need to. I know full well who I am, and how I treat others, and it has nothing to do with the color of their skin.
But, I DO resent having a supervisor who so blatantly favors other Hispanics over people of other ethnic backgrounds. It makes me sick to be under the authority of a person who is so closed minded. And before you start crowing that I was only upset because it was a Latino favoring other Latinos because I'm white, you need to take a minute and understand this:
If my boss was a White man who discriminated against Hispanics, or Asians, or Blacks, or Homosexuals, or Lesbians, or Flying Purple People Eaters I would be just as god damned outraged! Discrimination of ANY type is despicable in my book. It is shallow minded, Neanderthal mentality.
I'm tired of races other than Caucasian being given "free passes" for being the same damn villains they accuse my race to be! PERIOD!! Discrimination and racism are the same regardless of what color or walk of life is doing this to another color or walk of life. SO, let's stop the charade.
There is no race, or walk of life, that gets the sovereign right to oppress any other just because of who they are, or what their history is. That type of thinking is backwards, and wrong.
I'm not going to be so base, and trashy as to say " You call me gringo, I'll call you spic!" or "You call me a cracker, and I'll call you a nigger!" And on, and on, and on..... Pain for pain never solves anything.. Education does. Understanding does.
But I'm so damn tired of being the target at the "racial/lifestyle indignation gun range" just because I'm a white male. If you don't like that answer, or if it offends your sensibility then have a nice life....
Everyone is welcomed here at my place, just take a look at my blogroll. If you can't understand that...
Good Riddance... Really...
Why do I say this?
Well I received a rather angry e-mail from someone who reads this blog and somehow now believes that I'm some sort of Hater of Hispanics. Granted, they didn't bother to leave a comment, but just decided to e-mail me. How courageous...
So, even though I'm not going to call you out by name, I AM going to set the record straight.
I make ZERO apologies for what I wrote. ZERO.. You got that? I'm forced to be "politically correct" at work, but here on my blog I'll tell it like it is! Political correctness is the cancer that is eating our society apart at the core. I'll be damned if I'll participate in it here in my own Inner Sanctum.
If you are incapable of understanding and digesting what was said in that post without having some infantile, knee jerk reaction and having the audacity to accuse me of being a racist/bigot in your round about way, you are quite welcome to not visit here ever again. And I mean that sincerely...
I am probably THE most non racist person you'll ever meet. No, I'm not going to lower myself to telling you about all the friends I've had who were of other races. I don't need to. I know full well who I am, and how I treat others, and it has nothing to do with the color of their skin.
But, I DO resent having a supervisor who so blatantly favors other Hispanics over people of other ethnic backgrounds. It makes me sick to be under the authority of a person who is so closed minded. And before you start crowing that I was only upset because it was a Latino favoring other Latinos because I'm white, you need to take a minute and understand this:
If my boss was a White man who discriminated against Hispanics, or Asians, or Blacks, or Homosexuals, or Lesbians, or Flying Purple People Eaters I would be just as god damned outraged! Discrimination of ANY type is despicable in my book. It is shallow minded, Neanderthal mentality.
I'm tired of races other than Caucasian being given "free passes" for being the same damn villains they accuse my race to be! PERIOD!! Discrimination and racism are the same regardless of what color or walk of life is doing this to another color or walk of life. SO, let's stop the charade.
There is no race, or walk of life, that gets the sovereign right to oppress any other just because of who they are, or what their history is. That type of thinking is backwards, and wrong.
I'm not going to be so base, and trashy as to say " You call me gringo, I'll call you spic!" or "You call me a cracker, and I'll call you a nigger!" And on, and on, and on..... Pain for pain never solves anything.. Education does. Understanding does.
But I'm so damn tired of being the target at the "racial/lifestyle indignation gun range" just because I'm a white male. If you don't like that answer, or if it offends your sensibility then have a nice life....
Everyone is welcomed here at my place, just take a look at my blogroll. If you can't understand that...
Good Riddance... Really...
Comments
I agree also with equal rights, equal work, equal qualifications, equal treatment. And yes, my profession and persona would make my profile extremely sympathetic to various different ethnic groups--maybe in some ways, but not regarding workplace ethics.
Interesting post. I hope you clarified your position...and not like you needed a Llama to back you up.
Be well, Windy.