Care to swim in my pool?


Man, I walked into work to day and it has been one thing after another. It seems everyone wanted a piece of my time, or to have my ear about something. Most days I'm alright with that. Certain parts of my job entails putting out fires for people. But today it's just wearing me out. It seems everyone needed what they wanted right freaking now. One woman I work with was so upset about her issue that she was practically in tears as she explained her situation to me. I actually had to stop her and tell her to take a few deep breaths and calm down.
Sometimes I resent always having other peoples problems tossed into my lap. Its always an issue or situation that they feel has to be fixed yesterday. Drama just saps the life right out of my soul lately. Listen, when I tell you that I'll handle it and not to worry that is not a segue to start telling me how upset you are, and how unfair it is , ad nauseum. Chill out. I will handle it to the best of my ability. If you believe that you can handle it better than I can, please do me a huge favor and handle it yourself. Keep in mind that most of these people can't be bothered to say a kind word to anyone, and most days look like they were weaned on a pickle as children. But they become little pals, and confidants when THEY need something from you. I get tired of that, really tired of that...
So, I headed outside of the building and sat down on a parkbench right outside the entryway. Its a little covered spot , which was nice as it was softly drizzling. I simply sat there and listened to the rain falling, and the pattering sound of the drops hitting the awning. I gave myself the same advice I had given the woman earlier: "Take a few deep breaths, and calm down...".
I simply sat there and watched the traffic passing by, wondering if the drivers in those cars were telling themselves the same thing. It was an amusing thought. I seems like we all get wound up and put ourselves "in a lather" as my Grandmother used to say.
I need to start doing that more often. When I notice that steely feeling in my stomach I just need to go somewhere and decompress for a few. It brings me back to center so to speak. This job is not worth my sanity, or blood pressure going up.
Peace....

Comments

Popular Posts