speaking too soon..
Yesterday was fairly unpleasant. I woke up not breathing very well with a new tightness in my chest. Which was disturbing, considering how much better I had felt the evening before.
My brother and his wife arrived shortly before noon and I made the decision to go back to the clinic and get another nebulizer treatment and see if anything else might have been causing the respiratory difficulty. ( read: pneumonia ) I borrowed dad's vehicle and went down there by myself.
I was seen immediately and was vitaled and placed in an exam room. A new doctor was there and had my file from the first visit. He examined me and confirmed that my lungs sounded pretty crappy. So, he ordered a nebulizer treatment and a series of chest x-rays. The treatment went well and that x-rays revealed that I have a viral infection in both lungs.
He was concerned about the breathing difficulty so he wanted to give me a strong steroid injection that would open up my lungs. I agreed, and soon had a very pretty young nurse holding a syringe with a 3 inch needle standing behind me looking at my left butt cheek waiting to harpoon me with it. And harpoon me she did! Ouch!! But the injection worked like magic about an hour later.
I started feeling a lot better a couple of hours later and we all had a decent visit. Granted, my sister in law was in her standard "attention whore" mode and was as irritating as a rectal itch most of the night. I endured, but was glad when she was gone. You simply couldn't get a word in edgewise with that woman in the house. Even my Mother and Father were glad for her departure.
Today my father and I went shooting at the range and had a grand old time shooting the Colt Python, and the Kimber .45 at the 10 yard range. We must have gone through a couple of hundred rounds today. I always enjoy shooting with Dad. It our little thing that he and I do every time I visit. I can't wait to do it again next time I'm here.
Tomorrow is my last day here before heading back to Florida on Thursday. I can't say it's been the best vacation I've had because how sick I've been, but I'm glad I came home. I really needed to get away from that place for a little while. I don't want to go back, but hopefully the next year and a half will pass quickly and I'll find a job here when I graduate from the master's program. Then I'll be living where my heart does.
My brother and his wife arrived shortly before noon and I made the decision to go back to the clinic and get another nebulizer treatment and see if anything else might have been causing the respiratory difficulty. ( read: pneumonia ) I borrowed dad's vehicle and went down there by myself.
I was seen immediately and was vitaled and placed in an exam room. A new doctor was there and had my file from the first visit. He examined me and confirmed that my lungs sounded pretty crappy. So, he ordered a nebulizer treatment and a series of chest x-rays. The treatment went well and that x-rays revealed that I have a viral infection in both lungs.
He was concerned about the breathing difficulty so he wanted to give me a strong steroid injection that would open up my lungs. I agreed, and soon had a very pretty young nurse holding a syringe with a 3 inch needle standing behind me looking at my left butt cheek waiting to harpoon me with it. And harpoon me she did! Ouch!! But the injection worked like magic about an hour later.
I started feeling a lot better a couple of hours later and we all had a decent visit. Granted, my sister in law was in her standard "attention whore" mode and was as irritating as a rectal itch most of the night. I endured, but was glad when she was gone. You simply couldn't get a word in edgewise with that woman in the house. Even my Mother and Father were glad for her departure.
Today my father and I went shooting at the range and had a grand old time shooting the Colt Python, and the Kimber .45 at the 10 yard range. We must have gone through a couple of hundred rounds today. I always enjoy shooting with Dad. It our little thing that he and I do every time I visit. I can't wait to do it again next time I'm here.
Tomorrow is my last day here before heading back to Florida on Thursday. I can't say it's been the best vacation I've had because how sick I've been, but I'm glad I came home. I really needed to get away from that place for a little while. I don't want to go back, but hopefully the next year and a half will pass quickly and I'll find a job here when I graduate from the master's program. Then I'll be living where my heart does.
Comments
Home is home. I understand. I feel a lot like you do when I return to Oregon. Difference is, there isn't much for me there, at least in my hometown area, job-wise anymore. And the schools no longer have a tax base as all the retirees that have decided to move there have also decided that schools and libraries don't deserve funding. I can't take two children back to a place like that...from a place like this.
Take care, be well.
I'm way far from all better. But I'm slowly getting there. This stuff could have put me in the hospital for sure.
I'm going to go see my doc on thursday just to let him know what went down.