Of Boxes, Tape and Escape..

I survived the hangover of Wednesday... Barely...

Good Lord, what was I thinking? My teammate called me today to inquire how I was doing, as the "drums of the Congo" had been telegraphing my antics all over the place. Man I hate that about small bars, there's zero anonymity if you've been there a few times.

No Worries... Hey, I didn't wind up in bed with someone after all of that. Not for lack of trying of course. Just kidding, sorta. My business is my own. I don't owe anyone an answer for anything I do. Just one of the benefits of being a bachelor.

I am a bit disappointed in myself for not moving more stuff to the new house today. I should have been a lot more productive than I was, but it's OK. I did get my refund from the storage space, and picked up 10 new moving boxes and packing tape. Now, I just need to get my ass in gear and start throwing away all of the stuff I know won't be coming with me on the move. I'm a professional procrastinator, what else can I say?

School starts next week, so that is going to eat up 2 of my nights off. I'm definitely going to have to get serious and stop screwing off. I'm SO glad i took a vacation week at the end of this month to deal with all of this. After moving 24 times in my life you'd figure I'd be better at it. And, you would be WRONG...

So times, they are a changing'. I'm a bit nervous but that's normal. It's just the ending of an era, and the beginning of a new one. In the last years I'm going to be here in south Florida, I want them to be the most meaningful of all... I want to leave this place a better man than I was when I arrived. I want to have learned about myself, and what I truly value in my life. Not all the glitter and falseness that surrounds me every day.

I want to know my OWN heart. Not someone Else's, or some sort of fantasy I've fooled myself into believing. I've done that too many times to ever do that again. You're either the real thing or you're yesterday's news, Honey... That's all there is to it.

If you drink like a fish just tell me about it. Have a tyrannical mother or father figure that you know will eventually be an issue? Disclose it.. Maniac ex-husband who gets violent when he hears you have a new guy in your life? These are things I need to know about.... Christ, I'll find out about them sooner or later... Just give me a heads up...

I guess what I'm utterly sick and tired of are people who act like they're all "put together" only to find out that they're a bloody train wreck!! Go get over whats ailing you before you try to step out on the town/into someones life, would you? Is that too much to ask?

I have no problem with someone who has issues in their life. ( within reason, of course ) But I have no tolerance of people who have loads of them, but put on a good front.

Gee.... I'm not exactly sure where I was going to with that one. I digress..

Comments

Mama Llama said…
:) I so enjoy your raw posts, Windy!

Glad to know you survived the hangover. Haven't honestly had one of those in a very long time--at least an alcohol-induced one--and can't say I have missed it.

That doesn't mean I'm not enjoying life, by the way!! :) I've just gotten away from wine that leaves me with a headache!

Have a great weekend, Windy. Nice reading you again--I know how busy your schooling keeps you; glad you're checking in now.

Be well.

Popular Posts