I SUPPORT ISRAEL'S MILITARY ACTION



War is not pretty, or glamorous, or fun. It is real and people die. This is a very sad thing indeed. Yes, civilians get wounded and killed in war. Innocent people are affected, and left homeless. It happens. And it is unfortunate, unavoidable and will always happen in combat situations.
BUT, Hamas brought this on themselves. Period... What in the hell did they expect Israel to do? Just sit back and ignore the fact that rockets were killing its citizens? Or stand idly by as suicide bombers kill its people? And why in the fuck all of the sudden the world starts criticizing Israel for defending itself?!! What, does Hamas have some special entitlement to kill innocent Israelis?
If that shit was happening between Mexico and the US, and Mexicans were firing rockets into Texas or California we'd bomb them back to the god damned stone age in the blink of an eye!!! And everyone knows it too. So all of the protesters can bugger off, as can the UN and Europe.
We all learned the lesson when we were kids: You pick on somebody enough and sooner or later they are going to fight back. You're stupid to assume that you can keep hurting them, and attacking them over and over and they'll never lash out at you.
I hope and pray that the IDF wipes out every last one of those terrorist sons of bitches down to the last man OR woman who is in Hamas. I truly do!! They are nothing but a bunch of damned Cowardly murderers and thugs.
And NOTICE that I'm not using the word Muslim here either... It is not because of their religion at all. It is because they are killers of innocent people. There are very honorable, good Muslim people in this world. Millions of them. I should know, I lived in Tehran for two years.
This isn't about what God they believe in. This is about eliminating the constant threat and suffering that the Israeli people endure from this horrible organization of people. So that children can play in a schoolyard, and people can sleep in their bed in safety without having to constantly fear death raining in on them from the sky. Or that the man or woman walking through the coffee shop door isn't going to bloody well explode and kill everyone!!
So YES, I wholeheartedly support Israel's military action. I hope every bullet fired finds its intended target and kills it. I also hope that no innocent are hurt in this necessary action, but I know thats not possible. And I pray for the troops out there fighting like Leah's dad, and Uri, and Marc. I pray that they carry out their tasks and come home safely.
And yes Mish, that pic of the sniper is for you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
There is a saying in Yiddish about poking a lion with a stick, sooner or later the lion is going to get pissed off. Thanks for this post Matt. This war is especially hard on Leah, in the 2006 war she lost Avi.
Good luck with the move.

Love, Mish
Windrider said…
The move will go fine Mishy. All I have to do is dump all my crap into cardboard boxes and make a couple of phone calls.

I worry about Leah. She gets so obsessed, but she's so very fragile. She has the spirit of a tiger, but a glass body. (meaning her heart) She just can't shut it off.

But right now, I understand.. everyone she truly loves is in harms way. You, her Dad, Uri, Marc.. And now she's being bounced all over the place.

You're used to it, like I am. You're a sniper in the IDF and used to slinging a rucksack over your shoulder and moving out. I did the same thing.

I hope and pray that no one she loves or is close to is affected by this. ( you know what I mean )

BTW, whats up with this cute little Wynona Rider thing you've got going on?

Don't start making me like you on an emotional level. M'kay?

Popular Posts