The Latest
I know, I'm the invisible man these days... For that, I'm sorry...
Leah is out of her coma!! She is trying to speak, but can't just yet. But, this is nothing short of miraculous.. What a tough little thing she is! She is making progress every day it seems.
So is Mish! Little by little, they're winning the wars each of them have been forced to fight. I have to say that it is both awe inspiring, and humbling to witness it. It makes me feel guilty for bitching so much about my little troubles so much. My life isn't 1,000,000 times as difficult as theirs are, and I complain?! I need to just suck it up... Man, I've gotten soft!!!
The move is chugging along, and definite progress is being made. Boxes are being packed, things thrown away, and surfaces cleaned. I was a bit shocked when I called the place where I bought my treadmill to ask is they would move it to the new location and the cost was 220 bucks!! Ouch!!! But, as I didn't want to disassemble it myself and reassemble it myself, I went ahead and paid the price they were asking. Besides, if they damage it in the move it's on them and not me. And knowing my luck, I'd drop the damn thing and break the mother board, or another vital piece and have a useless treadmill....
Tonight I went over to the new place and dropped off some more kitchen appliances. Wayne was there doing his thing. It was nice to sit and shoot the breeze with him. Sometimes I forget just how little human contact ( other than work ) that I have. It made me excited to be moving in there next week. It will truly be nice to have my best friend around all the time. He just makes me laugh with his enthusiasm for the outdoors and like me, all things "hunting". It's almost like we're related.
He made me pull my compound bow out of it's case so he could "tune" it. Apparently he's become the mad scientist of archers and has big plans for me and my bow. It made me laugh. He's even set up a 50 yard air rifle range just out back beyond the pool deck so we can get some rifle practice in. I can finally hone my skills again.
But, I have a huge amount of stuff to do before the movers get here on Monday, and that also includes school work. One of my professors is a new guy and hell bent for leather to prove himself. But, I'll be fine. I just have to put in some extra effort for the 4.0 and not many others in the class seem to be motivated to do that.
Well, I need to pack boxes. I'll post soon...
Leah is out of her coma!! She is trying to speak, but can't just yet. But, this is nothing short of miraculous.. What a tough little thing she is! She is making progress every day it seems.
So is Mish! Little by little, they're winning the wars each of them have been forced to fight. I have to say that it is both awe inspiring, and humbling to witness it. It makes me feel guilty for bitching so much about my little troubles so much. My life isn't 1,000,000 times as difficult as theirs are, and I complain?! I need to just suck it up... Man, I've gotten soft!!!
The move is chugging along, and definite progress is being made. Boxes are being packed, things thrown away, and surfaces cleaned. I was a bit shocked when I called the place where I bought my treadmill to ask is they would move it to the new location and the cost was 220 bucks!! Ouch!!! But, as I didn't want to disassemble it myself and reassemble it myself, I went ahead and paid the price they were asking. Besides, if they damage it in the move it's on them and not me. And knowing my luck, I'd drop the damn thing and break the mother board, or another vital piece and have a useless treadmill....
Tonight I went over to the new place and dropped off some more kitchen appliances. Wayne was there doing his thing. It was nice to sit and shoot the breeze with him. Sometimes I forget just how little human contact ( other than work ) that I have. It made me excited to be moving in there next week. It will truly be nice to have my best friend around all the time. He just makes me laugh with his enthusiasm for the outdoors and like me, all things "hunting". It's almost like we're related.
He made me pull my compound bow out of it's case so he could "tune" it. Apparently he's become the mad scientist of archers and has big plans for me and my bow. It made me laugh. He's even set up a 50 yard air rifle range just out back beyond the pool deck so we can get some rifle practice in. I can finally hone my skills again.
But, I have a huge amount of stuff to do before the movers get here on Monday, and that also includes school work. One of my professors is a new guy and hell bent for leather to prove himself. But, I'll be fine. I just have to put in some extra effort for the 4.0 and not many others in the class seem to be motivated to do that.
Well, I need to pack boxes. I'll post soon...
Comments
Human contact is something I have forced myself to reinitiate this past year, Windy. You have been witness to this and I am so thankful I have; not only that, I find myself extremely grateful for each and every contact I do have--no more taking for granted something that I didn't have for so long. I plan to write today at some point about my latest 'interesting' contact experience.
And so be it. What a great way to begin a Friday. Thank you for that. Be well, Windy.
I agree.. They are pretty unpredictable at times too. Leah is trying to speak but unable to as of yet. I'm sure that she will in time. She a super tough one, Leah.
As is Mish. And now my concern shifts back to her. her cancer cells are growing back quickly, and new treatments may be needed in order to halt its growth.
Sigh...
And to think that a reprobate boozehound like me gets to walk the earth relatively unscathed while two as nice as they, suffer. It just dosen't make sense...
Be well, Windy.
You should be in bed young lady! And certainly not hanging about such shady places this time of night..
Save those 4 inch heels and long legs for a night we can dance, would ya?