Snap! - Believe The Hype

WAY back in the early 90's ( some of you were still riding tricycles ) when I was spinning as a DJ in clubs in Texas, this was some of the best body-rocking shit that there ever was.... AND it STILL is some of the best dance music ever produced.... If you've never heard of Snap, go you tube search them. They rock.... Period....

When I spun this,( yes, as in a record/aka wax, NOT CD's kids ) and cranked up the monitors and amps, your ass was allergic to the chair! It was IMPOSSIBLE not to get out on the floor and sweat your ass off..

It didn't matter if you could dance or not, you just moved because the music made you move! Even IF you were sober.. And NOBODY gave a shit because they were all groooving too.

It didn't matter if you were Straight, Gay, bi, or a fucking Flying Purple People Eater... You couldn't help yourself, you were out there in MY lightshow sweating and grinding. Strobes popping, lasers flaring, and smoke pumping.

Man, This makes me want a sick ass dance floor to sweat on!!

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Riding trikes...JA! Yeah, I have students who were BORN in 1990. Duuuuuude....

Fun memories. I love to dance. I can dance to almost anything and it is almost impossible to keep me down. Nobody my age goes dancing here; how I would love to have a partner who would take me to DC to a club. If I could make it work into my schedule I have thought about joining a local salsa school.

In this reserved culture, it is hard for people like me. But I turn up the music and dance with my children in the kitchen.

I should have been born a latina. I have it in my hips.

Maybe my next life...!

Great memory post, Windy! Be well. Happy Thursday!
Anonymous said…
Awesome, thanks for sharing, going to youtube now.

Popular Posts