Midnight thoughts
Another overnight shift. I swear I'm becoming a night owl working all these Mid shifts.
I wish there was more to really report, but life has just been hum drumming along. Granted I could bore you with the latest nonsense going on here at work, but I'm so sick of it I won't even bother. Besides, its just the same old song on the 700th verse.
The algebra class should be over in the next 2 weeks. I'm surprised that it's gone by so fast! It seems like just yesterday I was getting ready for it. My Macroeconomics class starts on the 26th, and my next 2 online classes don't start until the 15th of June. I'm just SO ready to finish this degree and move on.
Hopefully the job market will perk up back home and it won't be impossible to find a job back there. Wouldn't that be a pisser? Even if I have to take a small pay cut to move back there I will. As much as I'll miss the everglades, this place is dead to me. It will be high time to get out of here when it's all over.
I did go shooting last Wednesday. It was a ton of fun. Expensive, but fun. That's something I need to do more of. I didn't realize just how much I really missed it until I started firing. The smells, the sounds, and the satisfaction of putting rounds exactly where you want them to go is a great feeling. Granted this was a standing indoor range that only went out to 20 yards. But it was still a alot of fun. I may have to get some reloading equipment and start making my own shells again. We'll see.
The family is doing well. Mom and Dad are business as usual. I just miss them immensely. So much so it hurts sometimes. I try not to dwell on the fact that I'm so alone here. I mean, yeah I have a couple of friends. But no family, and that's a drag. It would be nice to simply get in the car and drive over to my parents, or Godparent's house and say hello. But like I said, I can't dwell on it or it will just depress me.
I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and get finished with school. That's going to be my best ticket out of here.
Well, I better wrap this up and get prepped to leave. The relief shift should be coming in soon. Be Good folks...
I wish there was more to really report, but life has just been hum drumming along. Granted I could bore you with the latest nonsense going on here at work, but I'm so sick of it I won't even bother. Besides, its just the same old song on the 700th verse.
The algebra class should be over in the next 2 weeks. I'm surprised that it's gone by so fast! It seems like just yesterday I was getting ready for it. My Macroeconomics class starts on the 26th, and my next 2 online classes don't start until the 15th of June. I'm just SO ready to finish this degree and move on.
Hopefully the job market will perk up back home and it won't be impossible to find a job back there. Wouldn't that be a pisser? Even if I have to take a small pay cut to move back there I will. As much as I'll miss the everglades, this place is dead to me. It will be high time to get out of here when it's all over.
I did go shooting last Wednesday. It was a ton of fun. Expensive, but fun. That's something I need to do more of. I didn't realize just how much I really missed it until I started firing. The smells, the sounds, and the satisfaction of putting rounds exactly where you want them to go is a great feeling. Granted this was a standing indoor range that only went out to 20 yards. But it was still a alot of fun. I may have to get some reloading equipment and start making my own shells again. We'll see.
The family is doing well. Mom and Dad are business as usual. I just miss them immensely. So much so it hurts sometimes. I try not to dwell on the fact that I'm so alone here. I mean, yeah I have a couple of friends. But no family, and that's a drag. It would be nice to simply get in the car and drive over to my parents, or Godparent's house and say hello. But like I said, I can't dwell on it or it will just depress me.
I just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other and get finished with school. That's going to be my best ticket out of here.
Well, I better wrap this up and get prepped to leave. The relief shift should be coming in soon. Be Good folks...
Comments
Never been to Florida, maybe someday.
Enjoy that "alone time" at work. Any way you can make it work while still earning the paycheck, right?
Be well, Windy.