Pull the string...


I'm thinking about making some changes.
Some pretty significant ones..
I'm contemplating getting rid of a lot of unneeded stuff and living a lot more lightly. I realize that I'm anchored down by a lot of the things I have and that isn't good. I'm tired of it. I remember only having a couple of duffle bags of stuff and being very happy. It was cleansing to be able to just pack my bags and go without worring about all the details. Details suck, period.
I need to be more fluid, and able to move around. I need to start looking around me more, rather than focusing on a little tiny world that almost never changes. I need to start living in the now, rather in the future..
More to come later....

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Good, poignant points concisely made. I've been weeding, ridding, and not missing a thing. It feels good--cathartic. With two kids, I'll never be down to a couple of duffle bags, but I can say that I'm trying to teach simple living. We don't NEED everything. Our needs are really quite basic.

So far, so good. But it will become more difficult.

I remained tuned. Be well, Windy.
Anonymous said…
I arrived in Israel with two back packs and a box. Six years later I have an apartment, with a twin bed, a table and a lap top. And my life is full. Cancer makes you appreciate people, not things. Health, not possessions. Good Luck
yellowdoggranny said…
cleansing closets and your innards is a good thing
Carrot said…
Hey friend-
Thanks for the nice comments on my blog. Your blog is nice, elegant, thought-provoking. Keep up the good work.
!! ! ! carrot
Windrider said…
Welcome to the Blog Carrot! I really enjoy reading yours as well.

Hiya Granny! I agree. Sometimes the best thing you can do is just jettison all the clutter. Keep what you love and what moves you, and rid yourself of the rest. It's going to take a while for me to do it, but I plan on becoming very light and mobile.

Popular Posts