Open letter to a friend.

My friend you are making a horrible mistake. One that is going to have serious repercussions for years to come in your life.

Let's be honest here... You need to grow up. All this waiting, and pontification is nothing more than you stalling to keep from doing what you need to do. And the only person you are fooling is yourself. Get off your ass and take some action. I'm sick to death of listening to all your rationalizations, and excuses for not taking steps to solve your problem.

Don't come to cry on my shoulder anymore. Don't tell me how tired you are of your living situation, and how it's stressing you out. Or how it's affecting your health.. No shit, Sherlock.. But you know what? That's all on you Pal. You could change it in a heartbeat if you just grew a backbone and stopped being such a pussy.

Sorry, but it's true. Wait I take that back. I'm not sorry.

You are subjecting yourself to all this crap for one reason: money. There I said it. When mama dies you stand to inherit a couple of million dollars. That's the only reason you're so afraid to use the testicles God gave you and act like a man.

Christ on the cross! You are 34 years old and still live at home with your 80 year old mother. ( who is the most racist, self centered, old bitch I've ever met, by the way...) You've never had a serious girlfriend in your life because mommy disapproves of everyone who doesn't have a summer house in the Hamptons like your family does.. You are at her beck and call 24 hours a day. And you wonder why your batting average is so low with the ladies? Nothing screams "Loser!" faster than a middle aged man who still lives at home. Instant turn off, trust me.. It's abnormal and women run screaming away from guys in your shoes.

You are her little bitch boy. You talk miles of tough talk to me about it, but when she says jump you ask how high. So please, go recite that shit in the mirror to yourself. Because I'm sick of hearing it.

You're scared to death that if you really piss her off she'll cut you out of the family trust fund. And seeing how she wields that wealth like a sword, she probably would. That's why you act like such a scared little boy every time she says "BOO!" to you. Just come clean and admit it. Stop with all the fake concern over her health. That venomous old woman is so fucking mean she'll live to be 110. That's just the way it works. And she gets around like a 50 year old. So enough of that shit please! I'm not stupid..

I love you like a brother dude, but quit pissing on my back and telling me it's raining. You don't pay rent, utilities, or even buy your own groceries. In short, you are what's known as a "Baby Boy".

Oh, don't know what that means? Well in short it means that you act like a little kid who can't make it on his own. You could also be classified as a "Buster" which is the same thing. You don't make your own way in the world. You don't have your own place because you live at mama's house. You are a kept boy. And mama expects you to step and fetch when she snaps her fingers. And mama don't want you to move out seeing as how you're her personal manservant. Hell no! She'd have to take out the trash herself and that's SO beneath her...

Hey dude face it, you've reaped all the benefits of being a freeloader for about 6 years now. Unlike the rest of us who have bills to pay and have obligations to keep, you live like a rock star. Your biggest worry is when your tee time is at the country club. Sure paying rent, utilities, and buying your own food out of your own pocket is a real drag. But I have news for you: it's what adult people do! You really need to try it out sometime soon. Yeah, it will put a crimp in your lifestyle shilling out all that dough every month, but the pride that you get in making it on your own is well worth it.

See, you have no credibility because you don't do that. And now you've finally realized that there's a price to pay even when you get a free ride. You don't have a say in what goes on. You have zero control. And as long as you stay there, you'll never have any.

So do yourself a favor. Man up and move out. Being socially retarded can't be fun. Get out of your mother's house! What? is mama going to tell you that you can't move out on your own? Actually, she probably will...

But are you a man, or a mouse? I guess only time will tell. But I know that I'm tired of being asked for advice only to give it, and just goes in one ear and out the other. So color me done. I'm sick of this record playing over and over. I'm tired of listening to the same old song about how she drives you crazy and is constantly meddling in your affairs.

If it sucks so bad then do something about it. Pride is worth more than money in my book.

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Wow.

Remind me never to get on your bad side (that's a joke).

Seriously, your friend ought to feel blessed to have someone like you to call him on It. Sounds like he might need a dose of reality; sounds also like he is afraid and wouldn't know how to survive in this world alone.

Be well, Windy
Windrider said…
Hi Mapi,

I just needed to vent that out of my system. He'll never read it as I keep this blod secret from people I know in real life. But I just needed to say it.

Sadly, I think that the potential loss of inheritance will keep him very near to her. He's a silver spoon reared guy and I think the thought of having to actually make it on his own scares the shit out of him. It make me sad for him.

Hell, I'm a survivor. Take away everything and I just start over again from scratch. He doesn't possess that skill set it seems.

Nah, you won't get on my bad side. I'm llama friendly..
Anonymous said…
Mapi took the words out of my mouth, remind me not to piss you off too (J/K)
Sometimes you just have to vent, for your own sake. Being raised with a silver or even gold spoon doesn't do that person any favours. Unfortunately money won't buy happiness, or even good health.

Thanks for the chat yesterday.
B'Ahavah
Anonymous said…
I have a rant too, I wish I had the cajonies to post mine. Even if he does read my blog.


b'Ahavah