The End of the Week

It's been a busy week here in the land of high humidity and mosquitoes. All work related, as if that should be a big surprise. All I can say is I'm glad this is my last shift of the week. My boss actually had the nerve to ask me to stay after work for some damned meeting, on MY time.

I don't believe I'll repeat my reply..... Let's just say I got my point across.

On a happier note, my Mom and Dad leave tomorrow from their home in Texas to go on a two week trip in honor of their 50th anniversary which was in November of last year. I'm happy for them. They really deserve one after all of the trials and tribulations they've endured through the years. They, and my Godparents are going to British Columbia then travelling down the pacific coastline winding up in San Francisco where they'll stay on Fisherman's Wharf then back home. They postponed the trip last year due to Dad's surgery. I hope they have a great time. I sent a couple of hundred dollars for them to have fun spending on the road. Granted, they certainly didn't need me to give them money. But I just wanted to give them a little send off gift.

My juicer should be here this week. The water distiller should be here in the next week. I know, I know... I'm a gadget freak... But I figure that since these are good for my health I could justify the purchases. I'm also planning on getting the elliptical trainer on Wednesday, but that will depend on my team mate. Because the thing is just too damn big to even consider trying to get it in the jeep. So I need him to come over with his pickup truck. Granted, I probably won't be able to last 10 minutes on the thing. But hey, Rome wasn't built in a day.

I need my mojo back. Besides, with Curtis showing of his new 32 inch waistline over on his site I just have to get working on mine!! Jeeze 32 inches.... I haven't been a 32 since the early 90's.

Well I better wrap this up. My relief should be here soon. And I don't want to spend one more second more in here than I have to.

Comments

Mama Llama said…
From one gadget freak to another: Yo, dude!

Gray, dreary-ish day here. At least the humidity has left us for a while. Perhaps you need a vacaction?!

Work is work. I just wish yours wasn't such a pain in the trasero.

Haven't had my mama llama bucks yet this morning, hence the fragmented thoughts. Must--have--mocha....

...now to get one little monito to first grade this morning. Be well, Windy.
Windrider said…
A vacation of the permanent kind would be nice...

My work truly sucks, but it pays the bill and I have to be happy for that at least.

And it lets me have my little boat to go sneaking around the everglades. ( which I need to go and tend to..)