Cooling the Engines....

Well color me wrong again. It looks like Texas is going to get it's hurricane on. Oh Well...

Sorry, but you get jaded living down here. It's not that I wish harm on anyone. Not at all. But I'm just tired of the whole subject of tropical storms and hurricanes. It gets old. I mean, SOMEBODY is going to get the shit end of the stick. So evacuate, or make sure you have copious amounts of alcohol to deal with the blackouts that follow them. I'm just sick of every time I turn on the TV it's nothing but either Hurricane discussions, or something about this Clown College of a presidential election.

Well, the stats class, and the computer class are finished at long last. And I couldn't be happier. If I never, ever see anything having to do with statistics it will be too soon. I can honestly say that I have never hated a class more in my life. And I got a B in it, which honestly was better than what I was expecting. I'm sure it didn't help that I took it online either.

Oh well, at least I only have Micro until October. That's a nice break. Just a research paper and the final. No annoying weekly assignments, no posting "meaningful responses" on some silly assed message board. That was what seemed so silly about these online courses. The instructor required you to make comments on other students homework. It was just dumb. I mean how many times can you type " wow, I really like how you worked that problem", "That's an interesting approach!" until it gets canned, and tacky sounding? But you have to post as the class participation counted for 15% of your total score. Can you believe that shit?! So you better believe I was a canned and tacky poster. Especially in statistics.. That was like mana from Heaven in helping me get a 3.5 in the class.

I really owe my teammate one hell of a big thank you for all his tutoring thru the stats class. I doubt I would have made it through very well without him coaching me along. He really proved he's a true friend, and that's a rarity these days considering I can count my friends on one hand.

I have to admit that it's nice to slow down for a Little bit. I didn't realize I was going in full afterburner for the last 12 weeks. No wonder I wasn't sleeping well, and stressed out all the time. I really was.. Juggling school and work and all points in between, while single is a real pain in the ass!

Maybe now I can go tune up the boat, and actually get back out on the water. I need some time out there with nothing but water, grass, and sky.. I need to just drift with the current, sit on the island and listen to the wind in the cypress trees.. I've actually been contemplating getting a tent and spending the night out there. Just me and my thoughts and a few good bottles of wine, and a flask of 25 year old scotch. I think it would be good for me. I haven't spent the night outdoors in a long time and I think I need it. Some people might consider it scary, or dangerous. Hell, there's probably a certain faction that may see it as downright foolish. But, I've never been like most people.

I bought a new toy on my quest to take better care of myself. A Jack La Laine heavy duty juicer... It should be here this week.

Go ahead and laugh, I'll wait.....

Of all things, I was working my midnight shift last night and got hooked by an infomercial. But it made sense when I sat and thought about it. I really don't get enough vegetables and fruits in my diet as it is. If I get in the routine of getting up just a bit earlier in the morning I can really clean up my diet and probably feel alot better to boot. Granted, The clean up may take a bit of getting used to.

I used to juice vegetables and fruits all the time back in the early 90's when I was living with The One I Let Get Away, and the clean up was the worst part of it. But I have to say that I looked and felt like a million dollars. My skin was clear, and I dropped a lot of weight. Hell, it's gotta be better than drinking coffee, or diet coke in the morning. At 38 , it's time to stop living like a 21 year old in regards to my diet.

Who knows. I might just get my Mojo back...

Heaven help the female population if that happens.

Heaven help them all.....

Just sayin'

Comments

Anonymous said…
Mazel Tov! On your B, that's pretty cool.

In a huge rush to get to the lab.
Just wanted to stop by and say congratulations.

LY
Mama Llama said…
You made me giggle with this post, Windy! Good for you.

Stats = Hell. I have stated that equation before here, I am certain.

However you get those fruits and veggies in doesn't matter. Some people like juice; others just raw. I tend to be a raw person until the fruit starts going, then I throw it all together as a smoothie. The kids love it that way, too. But yes, it is amazing how great it makes us feel and look.

Little guy woke up with a fever, so I know what I'm doing today. Gotta love the first week of school. Be well, Windy.
Windrider said…
Thanks Leah! I read about the arsenic working on Mish's blog. That is the most wonderful news!

Hi Mapi!

Yes my dear Llama, statistics is indeed HELL! Man, I hated that stuff. But it's over!!! Woo Hoo!

The veggies are important. My body really responds well to carrot, celery, and tomato juice. I was doing the math on the cost of the produce and it really wasn't all that bad. Now, the fruit can get pricey. But when you consider the benefits its well worth it.

I like raw vegetables too, but i'm lazy.. And using a juicer can allow me to drink 3 carrots, 3 celery stalks, and a large tomato each morning with very little fuss. Thats FAR and away better than I'm doing now.

Be careful and don't catch the bug from the boy prince!
Anonymous said…
Nice to see your going to be eating "healthy" although when I was diagnosed first thing that I thought was WHAT?? After being a vegan all this time I can't have cancer. A little bit ironic.
Some fruits and veggies are better for you than others, tomatoes and blueberries are especially important, and grapes, even wine. Good luck. And Congratulations on your grade!

Thanks for everything, Love

Popular Posts