I'm So Over It...

Well, yesterday I went and spoke to my boss's boss confidentially. He was the person to suggest that I consider civilian options to get back home. I had gone to him a few weeks ago asking for advice about my situation from a mentor point of view.

I told him about the "possible" job offer in Texas, and told him that if an offer was made that "more than likely" I would take it and be leaving in December. He told me that he understood why I was "considering" this and that I shouldn't rule out staying with the Agency if it was possible. Yes, we were speaking in innuendo but I understood why... He is a high level person in my organization, and his advice could have gotten him an ass chewing. He then said that we should have a meeting with my immediate Boss and inform him of the "possibility" that i could be leaving soon, due to staffing reasons. ( we are already short handed. )

I cringed when he said that...

I just don't want to let the cat of of the bag until I turn in my notice. Why? Because my immediate boss is a fucking blabbermouth. He has his little pets in our office and he tells them absolutely everything. They are cunts of the highest order, jealous and vindictive.

As soon as they find out I'm heading off for bigger and better things, they'll turn into rude little bitches and make the workplace miserable. I really didn't want to deal with that sort of sophomoric drama in my last 2 months. I've been a good employee and don't need to have to suffer that sort of bullshit.

So, I told my boss's boss just that.

I could the shock/quasi amusement in his face, but he handled it well and told me that he would specifically inform my boss that the meeting and the information discussed in it were to be handled as classified information and will NOT leave the room. Once I turn my notice in there won't be any way to keep it from them, but I'll be on my way out the door.

I appreciated the gesture, but... We'll see..

I figure he'll squeal like a little pig anyways.

But Boss's Boss did tell me that I should do what I need to do, and not to worry if I can't give 2 weeks notice. That's not my style, but I though him saying that was nice.

It's hard to believe that 2 months form right now, I'll be on the road home after all this time..

Comments

Popular Posts