Dogwatch Shift
Another Thursday night, another midnight shift...
But, I'm not complaining. Its 8 hours of working alone without anyone else to annoy me. And it seems that today everyone was getting on my last nerve, and I'm not sure why. I just wanted to call in sick and spend some time doing things at the house and going to the gym.
I also had to go to a staff meeting today. What a colossal waste of time that was. It was just one big dick waving contest as far as I was concerned. You could cut thru the egos in the room with a knife
You can figure out the drill:
"Behold, I have created a better mousetrap!" says department head Stinkfinger.
"No, mine is bigger and has sparkly things on it. Therefore mine is better!" retorts Ms. Rottencrotch from the I.T. department.
"Aha! You both are wrong!! We need a longer lasting light bulb more than a mouse trap, so you two both suck!" Laughs Captain Narcissism.
And on, and on, and on.... Luckily, I had to leave after an hour. So, my coworker who is a terminal suckup and ass kisser happily took my place. I guess it's like the title of my last post said, I'm so over it..
I'm just moody today I guess. I need some good uninterrupted sleep, and to head to the gym tomorrow and work off some stress. Either that or get good and shit flying drunk.
These overnight shifts always make me feel sketchy. I should probably close my eyes for a few minutes while I can. at least my weekend starts tomorrow.
I just want to get the official job offer and acceptance thing overwith as well. I want finality, I want closure. I feel like a prisoner awaiting a parole date...
Lets get this fucking show on the road. I'm ready to hit the road headed home. Screw this place..
But, I'm not complaining. Its 8 hours of working alone without anyone else to annoy me. And it seems that today everyone was getting on my last nerve, and I'm not sure why. I just wanted to call in sick and spend some time doing things at the house and going to the gym.
I also had to go to a staff meeting today. What a colossal waste of time that was. It was just one big dick waving contest as far as I was concerned. You could cut thru the egos in the room with a knife
You can figure out the drill:
"Behold, I have created a better mousetrap!" says department head Stinkfinger.
"No, mine is bigger and has sparkly things on it. Therefore mine is better!" retorts Ms. Rottencrotch from the I.T. department.
"Aha! You both are wrong!! We need a longer lasting light bulb more than a mouse trap, so you two both suck!" Laughs Captain Narcissism.
And on, and on, and on.... Luckily, I had to leave after an hour. So, my coworker who is a terminal suckup and ass kisser happily took my place. I guess it's like the title of my last post said, I'm so over it..
I'm just moody today I guess. I need some good uninterrupted sleep, and to head to the gym tomorrow and work off some stress. Either that or get good and shit flying drunk.
These overnight shifts always make me feel sketchy. I should probably close my eyes for a few minutes while I can. at least my weekend starts tomorrow.
I just want to get the official job offer and acceptance thing overwith as well. I want finality, I want closure. I feel like a prisoner awaiting a parole date...
Lets get this fucking show on the road. I'm ready to hit the road headed home. Screw this place..
Comments