The latest happenings...
Well, The new job back home is a sure thing. I was offered a position and accepted it. All that I have to do is a little medical exam and pack everything up and move. (I'm absolutely cringing at what the cost is going to be..)
I haven't told my boss yet, or had the meeting that boss's boss wanted to have. To be honest, I'm going to put it off as long as possible. No good will come of letting the cat out of the bag. It will only make the last few weeks a pain in the ass. And, I'm afraid that I'll finally cut loose and raise my voice and swine some of those fickle old bitches out.. I would prefer to go out in a dignified manner, that's more my style.
So now I have to get off my ass and start packing up, and ridding myself of all the crap I really don't want or need. I'm sure I'll donate a lot of it to charity, the rest will be trashed. I'm going to try to sell my boat before I leave. ( although there is a part of me that wants to take it with me. )
I still can't really believe that this is happening, but hell, it is. I feel like the dog that finally catches the car and then thinks; "What the hell do I do now?!" But like Hunter Thompson said, "buy the ticket, take the ride...."
My father is now in rehab for the next week. He is acting like Godzilla destroying Tokyo to be blunt. Yelling at the nurses and staff, and snapping at my mother, etc.. I realize that he's in a lot of pain, but he's really making a poor showing with all the nasty behavior. Other than that, he's healing well and will be using a walker for about 6-8 weeks afer getting out of the rehab unit. So, my heading home couldn't come at a better time. I can be a big help to my mother as far as the grounds keeping, pool, and all the other things she'll need me for.
Here's the real kicker: My father wants me to live at the house for a month. I agreed, but OY!!! Talk about coming full circle..... I will have left that very house 11 years, 3 month and 20 days prior to returning to it. It's wild.. I'm quite certain that it will just be a month because I really don't want to stay any longer that needed. Talk about cramping the ol' lifestyle!!
I'm going to be a little sentimental leaving here I'm sure.. So much has happened down here. Most of it not so pleasant: A very ugly divorce, buying and being forced to sell my first home, wrecking my career, losing alot of weight and gaining it back, etc..
But there were also positives: I have seen things in nature down here that most men only dream of seeing except on the wildlife channel.... I've hunted alligators at night with only a spear, I've seen bald eagles at dawn, 20 ft salt water crocs in everglades national park right beside my boat. I've picnicked on an island 12 miles out in the middle of the everglades that you could only find with a gps. I realized that south beach is a big illusion and money sponge. Sunsets on the boat in the keys, nuff said.
But, this was never my home. Not by a long shot.
I haven't told my boss yet, or had the meeting that boss's boss wanted to have. To be honest, I'm going to put it off as long as possible. No good will come of letting the cat out of the bag. It will only make the last few weeks a pain in the ass. And, I'm afraid that I'll finally cut loose and raise my voice and swine some of those fickle old bitches out.. I would prefer to go out in a dignified manner, that's more my style.
So now I have to get off my ass and start packing up, and ridding myself of all the crap I really don't want or need. I'm sure I'll donate a lot of it to charity, the rest will be trashed. I'm going to try to sell my boat before I leave. ( although there is a part of me that wants to take it with me. )
I still can't really believe that this is happening, but hell, it is. I feel like the dog that finally catches the car and then thinks; "What the hell do I do now?!" But like Hunter Thompson said, "buy the ticket, take the ride...."
My father is now in rehab for the next week. He is acting like Godzilla destroying Tokyo to be blunt. Yelling at the nurses and staff, and snapping at my mother, etc.. I realize that he's in a lot of pain, but he's really making a poor showing with all the nasty behavior. Other than that, he's healing well and will be using a walker for about 6-8 weeks afer getting out of the rehab unit. So, my heading home couldn't come at a better time. I can be a big help to my mother as far as the grounds keeping, pool, and all the other things she'll need me for.
Here's the real kicker: My father wants me to live at the house for a month. I agreed, but OY!!! Talk about coming full circle..... I will have left that very house 11 years, 3 month and 20 days prior to returning to it. It's wild.. I'm quite certain that it will just be a month because I really don't want to stay any longer that needed. Talk about cramping the ol' lifestyle!!
I'm going to be a little sentimental leaving here I'm sure.. So much has happened down here. Most of it not so pleasant: A very ugly divorce, buying and being forced to sell my first home, wrecking my career, losing alot of weight and gaining it back, etc..
But there were also positives: I have seen things in nature down here that most men only dream of seeing except on the wildlife channel.... I've hunted alligators at night with only a spear, I've seen bald eagles at dawn, 20 ft salt water crocs in everglades national park right beside my boat. I've picnicked on an island 12 miles out in the middle of the everglades that you could only find with a gps. I realized that south beach is a big illusion and money sponge. Sunsets on the boat in the keys, nuff said.
But, this was never my home. Not by a long shot.
Comments