Reflecting..
I know, I know....
It's been a week since my last post, and for that I do apologize. I won't say it's been a rough week, just one that caused me to do some reflecting on my life, get out and "smell the roses", and do the old "sometimes you just gotta say What the Fuck.." thing. And I must say it's been fun.
Why the reflection all of the sudden?
I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the one year anniversary of my divorce on the 11th.
I wasn't sad, or mopey over it happening. It was a long time coming, and one of the best things I've ever done for myself. Granted the process, and all the wonderfully savage emotional stages I've gone through were "el shito maximo" to put it mildly.
I guess I was just evaluating, and saying goodbye to it all. The old feelings, the resentment, and setting my heart and mind in a new direction. Sitting Shiva just plain sucks. But, after the end of any significant period of you life passing away you do exactly that. I think it's a genetic reaction to loss and hurt. And it's understandable ..But after a period of time, you need to set it down and walk away from the sackcloth and ashes.. Really.. You can't stay there forever.
Its OK to go too far, just don't stay too long...
So, what exactly have I been doing this week?
Well, I went to a Doobie Brothers concert on Thursday night. A friend called me up and had an extra ticket for 12th row floor. It was pretty cool, even though the band lip synched the first 5 songs in a row. After that they actually plugged in and did it live. A good time was had by all, dinner was great, and lots of laughter all around.
I walked into a hair salon out of the blue and got a cut, color, and shampoo. . It didn't phase me a bit, and I swear I had 3 Jewish grandmothers offer to set me up with their granddaughters while I was there. It was a lot of fun, albeit expensive.. Ahem.. Gals, I don't know how you all afford those monthly visits.
I discovered that I have a natural ability at archery.( go figure.. me, weapons...) I took my new compound bow to an indoor archery range after not having used one in over 15 years and had a blast. I just couldn't miss, it was bizarre. I actually got bored shooting at the farthest targets (30 yards) and was worried I was going to hit my own arrows and shatter them ( and carbon arrows at 2.50 a piece ain't cheap) Not to mention the fact that my shoulder felt like I had been trying to shot put an anvil after 3 hours of it... But it was a good time..
I went out to a local bar and grill last night and had dinner and drinks all by myself . This is something I would have never done a year ago, not on a long shot. I made a few new bar buddies, and headed home. It was nice to step out and do something just for the enjoyment of it rather than sit at home and have food delivered.
I still haven't cleaned my apartment though.. I guess its a good thing I live alone..
Much Love...
It's been a week since my last post, and for that I do apologize. I won't say it's been a rough week, just one that caused me to do some reflecting on my life, get out and "smell the roses", and do the old "sometimes you just gotta say What the Fuck.." thing. And I must say it's been fun.
Why the reflection all of the sudden?
I'm sure a lot of it had to do with the one year anniversary of my divorce on the 11th.
I wasn't sad, or mopey over it happening. It was a long time coming, and one of the best things I've ever done for myself. Granted the process, and all the wonderfully savage emotional stages I've gone through were "el shito maximo" to put it mildly.
I guess I was just evaluating, and saying goodbye to it all. The old feelings, the resentment, and setting my heart and mind in a new direction. Sitting Shiva just plain sucks. But, after the end of any significant period of you life passing away you do exactly that. I think it's a genetic reaction to loss and hurt. And it's understandable ..But after a period of time, you need to set it down and walk away from the sackcloth and ashes.. Really.. You can't stay there forever.
Its OK to go too far, just don't stay too long...
So, what exactly have I been doing this week?
Well, I went to a Doobie Brothers concert on Thursday night. A friend called me up and had an extra ticket for 12th row floor. It was pretty cool, even though the band lip synched the first 5 songs in a row. After that they actually plugged in and did it live. A good time was had by all, dinner was great, and lots of laughter all around.
I walked into a hair salon out of the blue and got a cut, color, and shampoo. . It didn't phase me a bit, and I swear I had 3 Jewish grandmothers offer to set me up with their granddaughters while I was there. It was a lot of fun, albeit expensive.. Ahem.. Gals, I don't know how you all afford those monthly visits.
I discovered that I have a natural ability at archery.( go figure.. me, weapons...) I took my new compound bow to an indoor archery range after not having used one in over 15 years and had a blast. I just couldn't miss, it was bizarre. I actually got bored shooting at the farthest targets (30 yards) and was worried I was going to hit my own arrows and shatter them ( and carbon arrows at 2.50 a piece ain't cheap) Not to mention the fact that my shoulder felt like I had been trying to shot put an anvil after 3 hours of it... But it was a good time..
I went out to a local bar and grill last night and had dinner and drinks all by myself . This is something I would have never done a year ago, not on a long shot. I made a few new bar buddies, and headed home. It was nice to step out and do something just for the enjoyment of it rather than sit at home and have food delivered.
I still haven't cleaned my apartment though.. I guess its a good thing I live alone..
Much Love...
Comments
And Yeah, the good hair thing makes all the difference! I've been wearing way too many hats that smell like DEET these days.