Finally, a few hours to chill out..

I'm not exactly sure just why, but this week has really worn me out. What's odd is that it really hasn't been any different workload wise. I'm glad that tomorrow is my Friday. I need the time off.
(activating rant mode)
I guess I've become a disgruntled employee these days. I see blatant stupidity everywhere I look. Self serving coworkers seem to lurk behind every corner, and the management seems to be getting more, and more clueless. I truly hate going to work these days. It just doesn't satisfy me anymore. It just seems like mindless toil. Most days I feel like I work in a gigantic day care center surrounded by overgrown toddlers who only want to cry and whine about everything under the sun. It just seems pointless. The second you try to do something to make it a better place to be, it gets squashed, or someone complains about it.
Pettiness, backstabbing, gossip, plotting and planning against other people, and treachery are the norm. I absolutely hate it. I've had to grow eyes in the back of my head, and be careful around specific people knowing that anything I say can and most likely will be used against me.
I need a change of both pace and scenery. So far my transfer requests are still stuck in a spider's web of red tape, and I'm not sure when, or if that is going to change. So for now, I'm stuck in limbo and have been for a year or so. I hope that changes soon..
I've been weighing other options. At 35 I could still find something else to do with my life that might make me happy. I've thought about going to the Cordon Bleu and becoming a chef and moving to the islands to cook for a resort. I'm toying with the idea of leaning to make neon signs and starting my own business. I've thought about flight school. I've even been looking for jobs in Africa with a safari firm as an apprentice professional hunter.
I guess I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up..
(deactivating rant mode)
Comments