I'm boycotting "thanksgiving" this year......

This year, I'm the Man in Black.

I'm the Man in Black for Mish, laying in her hospital bed for months fighting Leukemia every minute. Fighting more valiantly than I ever could.

And for Leah, slowly recovering her speech, and use of her arm. On top of the issues with her heart... All before the age of 21.

I'm the Man in Black for my friend Curtis, who is denied his rights under the Constitution and kept a second class citizen because of the ignorance and fear.

And for Mapi, and the struggle she's in deciding what to do about her marriage, and what is best for her children. Stuck in a cold, and loveless relationship.

And for each and every man and woman who today is sitting in some dusty, god forsaken shithole eating "thanksgiving" dinner out of the same olive drab foil pouches with a long brown spoon that I've eaten out of.

And for the ones buried in gardens of stone.

This year, I'm the Man in Black.............

Comments

Mama Llama said…
It is good to be always mindful of those in great pain and suffering, and I join you especially in the cases of Mish and Leah in thought and prayer.

However, do not allow all the bad to cloud all the good you do have to enjoy. You have your Glades, you have a roof over your head, food on your table and smarts to get you places. You have all of us here as well who are honored to call you our Friend...and I think I speak for all of us in saying that we are grateful for your presence in our lives as well.

So, Man in Black--I respect that but respectfully remind you to be thankful for so much more!

Now for some cuddle time with my two little turkeys--what a lovely day they had playing with their friends!

Be well, Windy.
Anonymous said…
Thank you Mapi, I too pray for you and your wee children, that you find your peace.

Matt, I thank G-d for you, for your kind generous and unselfish heart. For our combined ESPN, for finding each other on line and this connection we have formed.

I love you
Curtis said…
Bless you, my friend. I thank you for being you. You are a most impressive and important man, and I am honored to have met you.

There is much love and respect for you here.
Windrider said…
To all of you that I love so much,

Mapi, I am thankful lovely lady, for all of that and more. It really wasn't a dark cloud of depression or sadness that made me post this. It was more out of a sence of duty and obligation.

I wish on every star I see for resolution for your situation.

And you Leah,

I see so much promise, and happiness for you. But to see your suffering at such a young age makes me angry. As this is the tim e in your life when the orchards are in blossom, and all is beautiful and flawless..

And to Curtis, my good friend whom I should write to so much more often:

Allow me to apologize for the horrible injustice being done upon yourself and Mark.

It makes me sick to the center of my very soul..

I'm truly blessed to have your friendship, and love Curt. And I mean that sincerely. I'll never forget last year whan you and I were talking back and forth about the job I though I had back in Texas.

It fell through. But You were right there for me. It made the blow a lot softer. And a lot less damaging. I'll never forget that.

You all mean the world to me. And if you would have told me this a couple of years ago I would have laughed at you. But, it's true.

Ok, I'm getting sappy..

Hell, who cares?

Popular Posts