Sneaky Boat.

I realized today that I've neglected her for too long. It's been months since I've fired up that loyal, and dependable engine. Too long since I've paid attention to her, and given her loving care like I did when I first bought her.
She's carried me through dark, and frightening waters and never sputtered one bit. Always true, she has never failed to get me home, or out of some of the most ridiculously remote, alligator infested places that Florida has to offer. My life has literally depended on that little boat and motor to get me back to the dock a number of times. And She has never faltered yet.
Sneaky Boat is just a boat. I know that. But, She embodies something that I can't explain. The need for an outlet. Raw, unadulterated adventure. The ability to go somewhere only a handful of other folks can go. Where only a handful of people would WANT to go...
I need to spend more time with Her.....
Comments
She's good for You.
Be well, Windy.
L/Y
School has taken much of my time that used to be enjoyed with her. But she understands in some way. Yesterday after not having even been to see her for over 3 months, she fired up on the first turn of the key and purred like a kitten.
Hiya Mishy!! Man, it's good to see you coming out here in blogland again. It tells me that you are getting better, and better as time passes.
Well, you could always come visit when you get tired of that hospital. And, c'mon, you think the camo paint job is pretty snazzy... Don'cha?
You have a standing invite. And yes, it would be a wild time, but you'ld come back in one piece. I wouldn't be any sort of boat captain if I let something happen to you.
Be well.
I couldn't agree more. Things we connect to on such emotional, visceral levels take on lives of their own. Pilots have given their aircraft names since flight began. And ship captains have done so since the dawn of sailing.
They truly do become alive. Hell, I have an old Canon RM that my father had since the early 60's that has shot some of the best photographs of my life. It's old, ugly, heavy, and considered stone age technology. But it keeps shooting. It's almost like I see with my soul when I look through the viewfinder.