Views from the Exam Room..
I had to go to my Doctor this afternoon.
No, nothing serious just needed my prescriptions refilled as he has a policy of not doing it via telephone. I suspect that is just so he can bill my insurance company for a "moderately complex" office visit. It is a royal pain in the ass but I can't really blame him. I'd be doing the same thing If I were in his shoes.
I had blood work done the last time I was in the office. I had completely forgotten about it, and thus failed to reschedule to get the results so he looked at them today.
My cholesterol was 160, which made him very, very happy. I asked him if that was a good reading and he told me that it really doesn't get better than that.
But, my sugars were sort of high and he asked about the family history. ( which there is.. ) My thyroid was also doing some weird stuff, but wasn't a great concern. So, he drew more blood to get another thyroid level reading.
My blood pressure, and weight were down from the last visit which he was also very pleased with. I showed him the picture of the new treadmill and he liked that as well. So, overall it was a good visit to the doc's.
And here's a tip for any of you considering getting home fitness equipment:
Get your Doctor to write a prescription for it!! I had my Doctor do this today for the treadmill. After leaving the doc's office I took it back to the place I purchased it from and they knocked ALL the sales tax of of it. $253.00 worth of it! And yes, it is totally legal...
Who knew?
Other than that I have to write a research paper, and prepare a damn 20 minute presentation for my Management class next week.. Blech!!
I'm over my existential meltdown I had the other day. I just needed to get all that off my chest.
No, nothing serious just needed my prescriptions refilled as he has a policy of not doing it via telephone. I suspect that is just so he can bill my insurance company for a "moderately complex" office visit. It is a royal pain in the ass but I can't really blame him. I'd be doing the same thing If I were in his shoes.
I had blood work done the last time I was in the office. I had completely forgotten about it, and thus failed to reschedule to get the results so he looked at them today.
My cholesterol was 160, which made him very, very happy. I asked him if that was a good reading and he told me that it really doesn't get better than that.
But, my sugars were sort of high and he asked about the family history. ( which there is.. ) My thyroid was also doing some weird stuff, but wasn't a great concern. So, he drew more blood to get another thyroid level reading.
My blood pressure, and weight were down from the last visit which he was also very pleased with. I showed him the picture of the new treadmill and he liked that as well. So, overall it was a good visit to the doc's.
And here's a tip for any of you considering getting home fitness equipment:
Get your Doctor to write a prescription for it!! I had my Doctor do this today for the treadmill. After leaving the doc's office I took it back to the place I purchased it from and they knocked ALL the sales tax of of it. $253.00 worth of it! And yes, it is totally legal...
Who knew?
Other than that I have to write a research paper, and prepare a damn 20 minute presentation for my Management class next week.. Blech!!
I'm over my existential meltdown I had the other day. I just needed to get all that off my chest.
Comments
We all are here for each other's existential meltdowns. Don't worry about it. Nice to know you're human, too.
Be well, Windy. Happy Friday to you!