Shawshank Redemption

I hope.......... Oh God, how I hope......

Love,

Windrider

Comments

Anonymous said…
Goosebumps! Thank you Windy. This is one of my favourite movies.
"Hope" is the thing with feathers—
That perches in the soul—
And sings the tune without the words—
And never stops—at all—Emily Dickinson
Windrider said…
Hi there Leah!

It is probably my favorite movie. I guess because I can relate to Andy's character and Red's so strongly. Emotionally, both of those two have been me for the last 5 years.

I hope all is as well as can be expected there. I'm a "worry wart" as my Mother calls me. When I saw that Mish started the aggressive Chemo, it made me say a prayer. (I'm not a religious man by nature )

I was thinking of my own life when I watched this clip, but it also made me think of You, Mish, and Mapi as well. It made me hope for all of us.

You make sure to rest yourself Leah. Don't overdo!! ( wags finger ) I know I sound like a stern older brother but I guess thats what I am.

Much Love,

Windy
Mama Llama said…
That, Windy, is such a classic clip from what is also one of my favorite films. I watched it yesterday morning, and have just let the words gel over me during the past 24 hours.

I hope and pray for valor, courage, to do what I need to do. Life is way too short, no?

I'm very sorry to hear about Mish as well.

And just for the record, one does NOT need to be "religious" to pray. Or give thanks. Or develop your spiritual beliefs. Religion is actually rather irrelevant--man-made institutions created to guide those who cannot define themselves spiritually and make them think there is one and only one way to pray. I consider myself very spiritual and not very religious at all.

So your hopes--AND your prayers--mean a lot to everyone, Big Brother Windy!

Be well.
Windrider said…
Mapi,

(((hugs)))

You already have inside of you all the strength and resolve you need for the task at hand. In fact you have it 10 times over. Really.

I do find it rather peculiar and not coincedental that all of us have been brought together in times of need.

Windy
Mama Llama said…
...but hopefully that will remain, long after "times of need" have passed. Friendships must endure--or what a lonely life it is indeed.

Popular Posts