The Good, and the not so Good..
If you look at my links there is one called Lovely Leah. This is a link to a young woman in Israel who is a remarkable person for her young age of 18. She is someone I came to know through Nengaku's blog. ( you really should check both of their blogs out if you haven't already )
She had a defibrillator surgically implanted in her a couple of weeks ago due to a heart condition. When the doctors adjusted her meds last week, she fell into a coma and had to be placed on a ventilator. She remained in the coma until just a few days ago. She is now awake, and breathing on her own! She still isn't speaking yet, but is making hand gestures, and following people with her eyes. In fact she has already started physical therapy.
Her friend, Mish http://mish-understood.blogspot.com/ has been keeping Leah's website up to date so all of us know whats going on. If not for her updates, I would have never known anything had happened to Leah. So, thank you Mish for all your time and effort. You are a great friend to Leah.
It was great news to hear that she was completely off the vent, and doing therapy already. Just great news. I expect her to recover fully. And she better too!
In not so great news:
My mother called me last night to let me know that my older brother was being transported to the hospital to be admitted. Apparently' he started experiencing strong pain in his back just over where his right kidney should be. (he has no previous history of this)
His doctor had placed him on Strong pain medication, but his condition worsened to the point that he couldn't get out of bed at all. Not even to use the toilet. So, last night he went to the hospital and was admitted. The placed him on a morphine drip, and have testing scheduled for today.
My Mother and Father drove down to see him in Corpus Christi this morning. They are going to stay a few days to help his wife Sara with everything, and see what the doctors can find out. So, I'm just waiting to hear what the initial diagnosis is.
And there you have it. I need to get showered and head out soon.
She had a defibrillator surgically implanted in her a couple of weeks ago due to a heart condition. When the doctors adjusted her meds last week, she fell into a coma and had to be placed on a ventilator. She remained in the coma until just a few days ago. She is now awake, and breathing on her own! She still isn't speaking yet, but is making hand gestures, and following people with her eyes. In fact she has already started physical therapy.
Her friend, Mish http://mish-understood.blogspot.com/ has been keeping Leah's website up to date so all of us know whats going on. If not for her updates, I would have never known anything had happened to Leah. So, thank you Mish for all your time and effort. You are a great friend to Leah.
It was great news to hear that she was completely off the vent, and doing therapy already. Just great news. I expect her to recover fully. And she better too!
In not so great news:
My mother called me last night to let me know that my older brother was being transported to the hospital to be admitted. Apparently' he started experiencing strong pain in his back just over where his right kidney should be. (he has no previous history of this)
His doctor had placed him on Strong pain medication, but his condition worsened to the point that he couldn't get out of bed at all. Not even to use the toilet. So, last night he went to the hospital and was admitted. The placed him on a morphine drip, and have testing scheduled for today.
My Mother and Father drove down to see him in Corpus Christi this morning. They are going to stay a few days to help his wife Sara with everything, and see what the doctors can find out. So, I'm just waiting to hear what the initial diagnosis is.
And there you have it. I need to get showered and head out soon.
Comments
You need anything, you know how to reach me. No hesitations, ok?
Hang in there, Windy. Be well.
I think that my brother's doctor is a douchebag...
Leah continues to improve slowly. I took her Sbarro's last night but she refused to eat. I believe her throat must be sore from the tubes.
And that makes me sick. Our lives in their hands, when most just want to schedule their next golf game?
As I've said before, our idea of basic human empathy is all gone. It is so evident on so many levels. I am so incredibly sorry you and your family must experience this.
It makes me sick.
I remain vigilant, and in prayer for improvement and integrity and honesty in both his treatment and how you all are treated as his family.
Be well, Windy.