Texas so far..

I've got a little time and privacy so I figured that I'd post a little while I have the chance.

So far the visit has been alright, I guess. I'm not sure why but I just feel numb here right now. maybe its because I know I have to leave here on Wednesday and probably won't be back here for a while.

It also seems like all my mom and dad do is bicker with each other almost non stop. One is always arguing with the other it seems and it gets old really quickly. If mom isn't bitching to me about dad it seems to the the exact opposite. I just don't get it. Maybe they spend way too much time together or something. I don't know. But listening to them annoy each other is taxing. I just have to keep reminding myself that they are both in their 70's and completely set in their ways.

They are however both changing in their own ways. Dad is happy just to stay around the house and watch baseball games and not go out too often. ( in short, he's becoming a homebody ) My mother on the other hand is becoming increasingly religious ( Uggh ) and more social. So you can just imagine how that is working out.

Other than that everything is just fine..

Sigh........

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Those are the visits, Windy, that make me thankful I am not as close as I perhaps ought to be. Your parents will not realize how much they'll miss each other until one is gone. I can promise you that. When Dad got his cancer diagnosis, it was as if everything melted away between my parents and they tried, with such grace, to enjoy the time they had left together--granted, they were 20 years younger than your parents are now, but Life is Life no matter how you cut it. We never appreciate fully what we have until it is gone. Unfortunately, that is human nature...and to those of us watching from the outside, it drives us crazy.

I used to hate leaving Mom because our visit would always end in an amazingly huge shouting fight. No longer so--now I hate leaving because I enjoy my time with her more and more. I don't know, honestly, if it would be so if I lived closer and saw her more often. So hard to speculate. But be thankful for the time you have.

Remember, you find your spiritual side in your Glades. This might be the only place your mom feels comfort and safety to find that side. I think the "security" is a huge motivator for many...

Hang in there, Windy. And be well. I have thought a lot about you and am happy to read you tonight.
yellowdoggranny said…
where are you in texas?...in your close to west, texas(17 miles north of waco) come on by...jackie
Windrider said…
Mapi,

It was a real struggle to be there at times. I had to sort of treat it as if I were filming a documentary.

Granny,

I was in san antonio. I did venture down to corpus for a day to see my brother though.