in the midnight hour....
Whew..
It's been a nasty week. But it's over. Life has a funny way of flaring up on you whether you like it or not.
My brother was released from the hospital a couple of days ago. He finally saw a doctor in the hospital who had a clue and figured out what the problem was, rather than just doping him up on heave narcotics. Any problem with the kidneys was ruled out, as were stones. ( which was a huge relief) Apparently he stained his sacroiliac joint somehow. The hospital doc injected him with steroids and it almost immediately began eliminating the pain her was experiencing.
Apparently the recovery period can be fairly long, and he's going to have to be very careful not to re-strain it. But just the fact that it wasn't the kidneys makes me not worry about it. My mom and dad were really concerned, but masked it well.
I'm doing alright. I just need to start taking better care of myself. My diet has been El Shito the last couple of weeks, and that needs to stop. I've been beating myself up over it for a few days now. So, the next couple of days are going to be spent getting things in order.
Oh, I did accomplish one big task: I finally cleaned out my jeep! Oy Vey! all the crap I was carrying around in that thing!! I spend a couple of hours cleaning out the inside of fishing gear, knives, boat parts, and a ton of empty coke and water bottles. Then I degreased the engine and ripped all the carpet out of it. ( hey, carpet is just a dirt sponge anyway!) That way I can remove the drain plugs in the floor boards and wash it out with a garden hose when it gets dirty.
Now, I need to get over and work on the boat and get the oil changed, etc, etc... AND clean up the apartment since I'm heading home to Texas to surprise my mother on her birthday in a little over a week. I had the leave scheduled and figured heading home would be a good idea, as I'll be getting deeper into school here in a couple of months and more than likely won't be able to get home for a while. Besides, I need a change of scenery for a week. I'm tired of South Florida right now.
I'm tired. I'm gonna go surf the net until it's time to go home.
Peace
It's been a nasty week. But it's over. Life has a funny way of flaring up on you whether you like it or not.
My brother was released from the hospital a couple of days ago. He finally saw a doctor in the hospital who had a clue and figured out what the problem was, rather than just doping him up on heave narcotics. Any problem with the kidneys was ruled out, as were stones. ( which was a huge relief) Apparently he stained his sacroiliac joint somehow. The hospital doc injected him with steroids and it almost immediately began eliminating the pain her was experiencing.
Apparently the recovery period can be fairly long, and he's going to have to be very careful not to re-strain it. But just the fact that it wasn't the kidneys makes me not worry about it. My mom and dad were really concerned, but masked it well.
I'm doing alright. I just need to start taking better care of myself. My diet has been El Shito the last couple of weeks, and that needs to stop. I've been beating myself up over it for a few days now. So, the next couple of days are going to be spent getting things in order.
Oh, I did accomplish one big task: I finally cleaned out my jeep! Oy Vey! all the crap I was carrying around in that thing!! I spend a couple of hours cleaning out the inside of fishing gear, knives, boat parts, and a ton of empty coke and water bottles. Then I degreased the engine and ripped all the carpet out of it. ( hey, carpet is just a dirt sponge anyway!) That way I can remove the drain plugs in the floor boards and wash it out with a garden hose when it gets dirty.
Now, I need to get over and work on the boat and get the oil changed, etc, etc... AND clean up the apartment since I'm heading home to Texas to surprise my mother on her birthday in a little over a week. I had the leave scheduled and figured heading home would be a good idea, as I'll be getting deeper into school here in a couple of months and more than likely won't be able to get home for a while. Besides, I need a change of scenery for a week. I'm tired of South Florida right now.
I'm tired. I'm gonna go surf the net until it's time to go home.
Peace
Comments
El Shito? Honey, it is La Mierda. You livin' in the US. You need to espeek la lengua. ;)
Seriously, have a WONDERFUL time. If you can check in I'd love to hear about how your mother's birthday goes.
Be well, be safe, Windy.
Thanks for all the posts and prayers, The Wee Princess continues to improve slowly. I truly believe it was ya'lls prayers.
The trip home will do me good. I need to get reconnected with the family. Besides, It's where my heart is the happiest. (if you don't count being way out in the Everglades )
No, it's El Shito.. I won't even get on my soapbox here. Let's just say we should all be glad I am NOT the President of this country. ( although we would be debt free, have no illegal immigration problem, and the world would be free of Hamas, Hezbolla, Shining Path, and the likes of Osama in less than a year... AND gas would be 1.00 a gallon again.. )
I'll be sure to take notes, and photos. Now I just have to figure out how to pull off showing up in a funny way.
Hey Mish!
How are you? Good, I hope.
This will be a battle won in inches, not yards. But I really believe that She will be back to he old self eventually. That is my biggest hope.
Be Well