thoughts at 2:37 am

I've been home for a couple of hours now..

I went to class and made a presentation and then headed out to have some drinks with a friend. It was sort of a let down, and I'm not sure why...

It just wasn't the fun time I thought it was going to be. He wound up getting somewhat drunk while I stayed sober as a judge , even though I matched him drink for drink..

Actually, he became annoyingly loud and drunk. Pretty embarassing if you want to know the truth of it. Ever since my days as a bouncer and bartender I haven't been able to tolerate people who get sloppy drunk in a bar. I had to tell him to cool it about three times before he got the message. I hate babysitting drunk folks, unless there has been a major trauma that is easily understandible. ( divorce, a death in the family, etc)

But , no matter... I'm home in my lovely little house by the lake.

I'm safe and sound, have a big soft comforter, good air conditioning, new pillows, and all the coconuts I can drink and eat. ( I'll have to take a picture of my daily sundowner for you, it's an incredible drink.. Right off the set of "Castaway".)

Shani, write me.. I want to know how you're doing.. you deleting your blogs has me worried...

Curtis, CALL ME.. I haven't talked to you in a long damned time... Call me.... ( cue Blondie )

Comments

Mama Llama said…
I'm here. Don't worry about me. You always know how to find me and I'm not going anywhere. I just can't blog anymore.

:) Get on Facebook! You'll have more of me than you could ever imagine there. (haha)

Sending you lots of hugs, I'm still reading you.

Be well.
Curtis said…
We are well over due for a chat. Lots of stuff going on here - most of it not so good. No light at the end of the tunnel quite yet.

I'm feeling the need to turn into one of your sloppy drunk friends.
Windrider said…
Hang in there friend.. Hang in there.. The dawn always comes after the darkness. Granted, not soon enough for my liking but eventually it comes..

Hey, you always have accomodations here at Casa de Windrider.. I'm less than 7 minutes from Ft Lauderdale International as well.

All the coconuts you can eat, and all the rum and coconut milk you can drink...
Windrider said…
Shani,

Hmm, I might..

That sounds scandalous. I like it!!

Good to hear that you're ok. I was worried when I clicked on your blog and it was gone without a trace.
Mama Llama said…
It's all good. I'm feeling drained of writing energies but that is because I'm LIVING more, which is a very, very good thing for me. I'll send you a link to some of our summer pics.

I wouldn't be one of the sloppy drunk friends. I'm a classy drunk. (HA!)

And you can do FB pretty anonymously, or even as "Windrider" without a personal pic. It's all up to you. FYI.

Okay, to get ready for classes this morning!! Have a great day today, Windy.