Of Packing and Peril...
Well the frantic packing has begun.
I have the movers coming next Wednesday. what a pain in the ass!! If you look into the musty, alcohol muddled archives of this singularly worthless blog you will see not only one , or two, but three other moves where I've howled just as loudly....
I need to learn to jettison unneeded crap out of my life. This time is better, as I'm being very liberal as to what gets tossed into the junk heap. ( both possessions AND people. ) I'm amazed at what a pack rat I am.. Its a far cry from the days of the Army when I travelled with two duffel bags and a briefcase. Now that was freedom and mobility!
The roomie has been AWOL for the last couple of weeks. His puta wife came back down to south florida dragging the kids, and those two miserable dogs with her for the second time this summer. And no, they do not reside here at, "casa de la sharecroppers" at the current time. She , he , the kids, and the hounds are befouling her sisters house rather than mine. The flag was clearly planted on her last visit over those filthy beasts coming into the house. And it was more than the issue of the dogs if you want to know the truth. It was about who was boss of the place. And I let her clearly know that the "boss" was ME... In no uncertain terms. ( trust me on that one )
It has actually worked out to my advantage. I have been alone in the house for almost two weeks with only brief intrusions from the "Bumpus Clan" ( I'll buy the first round for anyone who can identify the origin of that one! really..) I've been able to pack fairly diligently, and in peace for the last week. I can only imagine what it would have been like with the clan in residency!! Perish the thought....
I was saved by an email from a former classmate yesterday. I had thought that the deadline for enrollment for the next ( and final Undergrad ) semester was today rather than yesterday! Imagine the adrenaline that was suddenly coursing through my veins when I read that the 5th was the registration deadline! I tossed on clothes, ran to the jeep, and drove to the campus like I was escorting a Baghdad convoy.. I made it in time, and was registered in record time. But, I found out I'll only be getting Magna Cum Laude, rather than Summa..... Summa is 3.9 and above, and i only have a 3.846. Even with the last two I won't make the cutoff..
Bummer...
But, I had the water transferred to my name, and found out the owner will be paying for the trash pickup. So that was a good thing. I'm already planning a luau/BBQ once I get settled in. I do need to get Tiki torches, and some yard furniture though. And a nice rope hammock for two strung between the palms, too. (hey, I'm classy like that..)
Hmm, Could I see a Curt or Mapi visit in the near future?? Hmmmm? Just sayin!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
I just want it all to go smoothly. I'm ready to turn the page and get on with the next chapter that life is going to write on my blank pages. Enough of this "Groundhog Day" crap. Its time to shine, relish, and appreciate the good things that are right in front of us. Live out loud, and not in muffled whispers, like I have been these last few years.
But I still need to get to all this packing...
Talk to you soon..
I have the movers coming next Wednesday. what a pain in the ass!! If you look into the musty, alcohol muddled archives of this singularly worthless blog you will see not only one , or two, but three other moves where I've howled just as loudly....
I need to learn to jettison unneeded crap out of my life. This time is better, as I'm being very liberal as to what gets tossed into the junk heap. ( both possessions AND people. ) I'm amazed at what a pack rat I am.. Its a far cry from the days of the Army when I travelled with two duffel bags and a briefcase. Now that was freedom and mobility!
The roomie has been AWOL for the last couple of weeks. His puta wife came back down to south florida dragging the kids, and those two miserable dogs with her for the second time this summer. And no, they do not reside here at, "casa de la sharecroppers" at the current time. She , he , the kids, and the hounds are befouling her sisters house rather than mine. The flag was clearly planted on her last visit over those filthy beasts coming into the house. And it was more than the issue of the dogs if you want to know the truth. It was about who was boss of the place. And I let her clearly know that the "boss" was ME... In no uncertain terms. ( trust me on that one )
It has actually worked out to my advantage. I have been alone in the house for almost two weeks with only brief intrusions from the "Bumpus Clan" ( I'll buy the first round for anyone who can identify the origin of that one! really..) I've been able to pack fairly diligently, and in peace for the last week. I can only imagine what it would have been like with the clan in residency!! Perish the thought....
I was saved by an email from a former classmate yesterday. I had thought that the deadline for enrollment for the next ( and final Undergrad ) semester was today rather than yesterday! Imagine the adrenaline that was suddenly coursing through my veins when I read that the 5th was the registration deadline! I tossed on clothes, ran to the jeep, and drove to the campus like I was escorting a Baghdad convoy.. I made it in time, and was registered in record time. But, I found out I'll only be getting Magna Cum Laude, rather than Summa..... Summa is 3.9 and above, and i only have a 3.846. Even with the last two I won't make the cutoff..
Bummer...
But, I had the water transferred to my name, and found out the owner will be paying for the trash pickup. So that was a good thing. I'm already planning a luau/BBQ once I get settled in. I do need to get Tiki torches, and some yard furniture though. And a nice rope hammock for two strung between the palms, too. (hey, I'm classy like that..)
Hmm, Could I see a Curt or Mapi visit in the near future?? Hmmmm? Just sayin!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
I just want it all to go smoothly. I'm ready to turn the page and get on with the next chapter that life is going to write on my blank pages. Enough of this "Groundhog Day" crap. Its time to shine, relish, and appreciate the good things that are right in front of us. Live out loud, and not in muffled whispers, like I have been these last few years.
But I still need to get to all this packing...
Talk to you soon..
Comments
I just found out I have a week off this month as my high school student is off for vacation, as are a couple others at the same time, so I might try to take the kids to South Carolina for a week. Would be absolutely lovely, and some unexplored territory for me.
Glad you got yourself all registered...and even more glad you are getting out of that living situation. Ugh. Good luck on the purging--I've been doing a lot of that lately, too. Feels really good.
I was pretty bummed about not getting Summa. But Magna will do. And hey there always the Masters degree to shoot for top honors.
Be well Mapi