I'm movin' out....

Well, It's official..

I'm moving out of my apartment and in with my friend Wayne. I just got off the phone with him and we sealed the deal. I'm going to be in there by February 1st. And overall, it just makes sense.

He's been letting me store my boat over at the place he's been renting for the last few years. This has saved me a ton of money, and now it was my turn to return the favor. He and his wife just built a big house up in Montana and he's about 2 1/2 years from retirement and moving up there permanently. The thing is that his wife and kids moved up there a couple of months ago and its gotten really costly to keep 2 households afloat. They didn't want the house to sit empty, but he can't leave until 2011, which is right around the time frame I'll be heading home to Texas.

The alternative was a real drag for everyone. I would have to now rent a storage space for the boat to the tune of 130 bucks a month, which is damn near the payment amount I make on it. He was going to move in with his wife's 93 year old grandfather, have to store his boat, and all of his stuff to boot. Like I said, a real drag.

So we put our heads together and I offered to move in and pay 1000 of the 1500 dollar rent a month. Hell, I already pay 950 for my little 1/1 with no amenities. For 50 bucks more a month I'm getting 2 bedrooms one for an office, and one to sleep in, a much bigger kitchen, a washer and dryer, a swimming pool, and it's out in the "country" not 10 minutes from the everglades boat ramp. It's pretty sweet, and I can shoot my bow in the back yard as its on an acre and a half of land. Plus my boat will be right in the back yard, and I can FINALLY take the hard top off the Jeep, and go topless for a while!!

But, the best part is that I can help Wayne out. He's done a lot for me over the last few years. He's even risked his life as my assistant trapper hunting alligators. I owe him the same in return.

And hell, it will be nice to spend the last couple of years here rooming with one of my best friends. And knowing us, it will be spent fishing, hunting, and drinking margaritas. A great way to wrap up this whole chapter down here in South Florida..

Comments

Mama Llama said…
Congratulations! Sounds like a win-win situation for all involved. I'm glad you can find a way to help your buddy out. That's important.

Check back in when you can--take it easy in the move, okay?

Be well, Windy.
Windrider said…
Thanks Mapi,

I think its going to be a good thing indeed. And it will be nice not to be by myself all the time like I am now. And he's a fitness buff, so that will rub off on me hopefully.

But theres a lot to do!